IGNORED

Hello from New York!

Hi everyone! A friend recommended this forum to me. I'm a lifelong gamer who started with the SNES era (although technically my first console was my dad's Atari when I was like 7 lol), and always really loved RPGs and fighting games. I used to be an avid collector, had some real heavy hitters. For whatever reason, I sold my stuff in the late 2000s, as I guess I fell out with the hobby. Over the years, I slowly came to regret that, and as I've gotten back into gaming the last few years, I decided recently I would try to recollect sealed copies of my personal 'greatest hits,' knowing that they are very expensive nowadays. Rome wasn't built in a day - we will see what happens. Also love animals, fitness, swimming and pickleball! 

I have some games from the SNES era that I'm looking for. I'm really hoping to avoid eBay and Heritage (especially the latter), if I can. I recognize these games are quite expensive either way. I can put my list here, or maybe I should do it on the general collecting forum? 

Looking forward to discussing games with everyone here! 🙂

• Like 1

haha hey guys. Don't worry - I'm a nice New Yorker 😅 What kinds of games are you guys into? I've gotten back into gaming a lot the last 2-3 years or so. FF16 and Rebirth are amazing and don't deserve the negative buzz. And I finally got around to Witcher 3 this year, and that was also incredible. 

I'm not sure if any of you, or maybe anyone you may know, are collectors who may have sealed SNES RPGs (mainly the Squaresoft ones)? I know they're a lot, but willing to work with someone on them depending on condition, price, etc. No rush, just trying to put my feelers out there!

Welcome!

0ABBC40B-629F-4B2D-89DD-5941D2189137.png.92cf6869d0344feec36dfa6e229f14fa.png

18 hours ago, JohnnyD512 said:

I can put my list here, or maybe I should do it on the general collecting forum? 

Buy/Sell/Trade forum. 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyD512 said:

What kinds of games are you guys into?

Adventures, 2D platformers, beat 'em ups, and fighters are probably my favorite genres, but I like a little of everything except RTS.

Thanks Link, I will do that! 

2D platformers - you ever play Super Adventure Island on the SNES? I feel that game is kinda underrated. I remember it being hard!

Yes, I love my beat em ups too. Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken...I love em all for different reasons, but I guess Street Fighter holds a special place in my heart because it was first for me. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyD512 said:

you ever play Super Adventure Island on the SNES?

I can't say that I have. The NES titles of that series never really got my attention. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyD512 said:

Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken...I love em all for different reasons, but I guess Street Fighter holds a special place in my heart because it was first for me. 

I remember when SFII first came out. Like MK after it it was a phenomenon, people talking about it everywhere (at least at school). My favorites of that type are Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive. I call beat 'em ups stuff like TMNT Arcade Game or Maximum Carnage.

SFII was all my friends and I played in summer of 92 I believe. And then when Turbo came out, I was the cool kid on the block because I got it first. My mom would not let me have MK1, but did let me get MK2 (which was more violent and just like a year later lol) when that came out. 

TMNT: Tournament Fighters is an underrated classic for me. And I do like SC and DOA too! I have most of those games in those series. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...