IGNORED

Inscryption -- one of the Best Games I have ever played

Lifecoach, a serious STS player, got a 42-game streak beating the entire game on the highest Ascension setting. Did he get really lucky 42 times in a row?

I think the problem with a lot of people is they build 50+ card decks and don't remove enough cards from their deck, so you don't end up getting the cards you need. With proper decision-making skills and a lot of planning, I really don't think it's luck, it's highly skill-based.

Edited by Khromak

5 hours ago, wongojack said:

I haven't played Inscryption yet, but I am definitely aware of it.  I have played a game that is kinda similar called Pawnbarian.  I got it in a bundle.  Likely much less complex, but also likely cheaper and easier to find on sale.

That sounds really cool! Again, without spoiling too much, I will say that while you definitely do a lot of fight via cards, the game is not truly a card-game in the same way that Slay the Spire is. That said, I love little indie games like Pawnbarian! Does it have a story or is it just play and die? Also, Slay the Spire 2 is scheduled for release next year -- wonder if I'll be more my style -- you know, less RNG 🙂

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, avatar! said:

That sounds really cool! Again, without spoiling too much, I will say that while you definitely do a lot of fight via cards, the game is not truly a card-game in the same way that Slay the Spire is. That said, I love little indie games like Pawnbarian! Does it have a story or is it just play and die? Also, Slay the Spire 2 is scheduled for release next year -- wonder if I'll be more my style -- you know, less RNG 🙂

I don't remember any story for Pawnbarian, but they did have multiple "dungeons" with different final battles for you that changed up the rules a bit.  Felt story adjacent.

• Like 1