IGNORED

The Million Dollar Proposal

GPX

$1,000,000: What would you be doing differently?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Daydreaming about money..

• Continue as the same focus as what I've been doing in recent years
    • Aim now to collect as many games as possible and topple the Last Gamer and whoever else with a bigger stack!
    • Buy up all the graded games until the money runs dry!
    • Invest in other fields such as coins, comics and other collectibles
    • Pick another rich hobby nothing to do with collecting
    • Some combination of the above
    • Other reasons? (Please specify in your response)

2 minutes ago, Sign Collector Guy said:

I eased up on my collecting because just having things in boxes not on display felt wrong. So I feel yeah! Yah dirty hoarder. 🙂 

I can’t be a hoarder because I genuinely feel pain for my games stacked in boxes! Hoarders won’t give a shit how their games are suffocating. 😝

• Like 1

I'd pay off my debt, buy a Stadium Events (cart only, let's not get out of hand) and maybe 1-2 expensive wants, then save/invest it. Buying graded NES games right now is not my idea of risk averse investing. A million sure isn't enough to go hog wild on toys.

Edited by DefaultGen

Combination is my answer and why?

1) Million dollars or not, time is still a problem, and I'm not going to quit working if I got just 1M either.  I'd just get what I'd play, dump what I don't.  The only change could be me never walking into a thrift store again to find things to play or peddle so I can afford basically anything I want that's a want, not a need.

2) I'd feel stupid pissing a million on that, debt would be paid off, new car would be bought to replace the older, new home would be secured, and the rest a mix.  Invest a large majority of it to make decent bank on the interests/stock earnings.  Keep a chunk for an eventual oh crap moment.  Also take a month off and go see places I'd never ever be able to do before worldwide.