IGNORED

Gaming/Collecting Dreams

twiztor

so, usually hearing about other peoples' dreams is a chore. There's rarely a coherent plotline, and it's filled with a lot of bad descriptions, like "it was my house, but it wasn't MY house, you know?" But i had a dream last night that i think intersects with our shared interest. Feel free to share your own as well.

So, in this dream, specific bundles of Wii consoles came with cardboard/paper sleeves. Like the artwork for Wii games, but about an inch shorter. They were still made to more or less be used as the artwork that games already come with. They were more blue, so definitely not just the standard artwork inserts. Anyway, these console bundles came with a thick stack of them- say 30-40ish, all sealed like a brick. The games these correlated with were varied- lots of stuff like Wii Play and Wii Music, but also other first party titles like New Super Mario Bros. So, the pack-in game (an original game) let you unlock these games to play on your Wii. But here's the catch- once you unlocked these games, you also "unlocked" the disc. Sort of like a print-on-demand service, you got an actual disc of the game. Which explains why you also got the artwork with the console. So there was this entire subset of collectors trying to get an unopened stack of these artwork bundles, but also an argument over whether it was more "pure" to keep the artwork itself unopened, or to have the full set of games, with the artwork and put into reused Wii cases.

it was a dumb dream, but i thought it might resonate with some of us.

I had one that there was an NES game that only one copy was released. It was a music cart, with tech that should have been way beyond the 80s. I briefly saw the cart in my dream, and the label looked like it was made by SNK; had that silver outline that most of them have. But everyone (and I mean, everyone) was fighting over it because it was a retail release, so it counted towards the set. Like, no debate, you had to have this cart

Can't remember if Code Monkey ended up with it. 😛 

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

I had one that there was an NES game that only one copy was released. It was a music cart, with tech that should have been way beyond the 80s. I briefly saw the cart in my dream, and the label looked like it was made by SNK; had that silver outline that most of them have. But everyone (and I mean, everyone) was fighting over it because it was a retail release, so it counted towards the set. Like, no debate, you had to have this cart

Can't remember if Code Monkey ended up with it. 😛 

Wow, even in your dreams scooping the rare stuff from underneath you!  That's pretty hard core.

1 hour ago, T-Pac said:

Recently I had a dream that I was testing a bunch of Atari carts and found a neat Galaga clone.

Fascinating, I know…

[T-Pac]

Then you realized that it was actually Famicom cartridges, and the game was Night Arrow 😉

Graphics Team · Posted
On 2/16/2024 at 7:43 AM, fcgamer said:

Then you realized that it was actually Famicom cartridges, and the game was Night Arrow 😉

Haha I definitely wouldn't be mad!
Just looked that game up and it certainly seems like a neat Galaga clone.

[T-Pac]