IGNORED

Henry Kissinger (1923-2023) -- National Security Advisor & Secretary of State under Nixon/Ford

Estil

4 hours ago, BlackVega said:

????? 

Yeah some people don't know how to show respect for the deceased.  No matter how much someone might disagree with someone or have views/opinions a little different the dude does leave behind a wife, a son, a daughter, and five grandchildren.

I mean how would the rest of you like it if this is how you were treated after you died?

Edited by Estil

5 minutes ago, Estil said:

I mean how would the rest of you like it if this is how you were treated after you died?

Aha at first I had no idea what that JPG compressed gibberish photo even was but after looking it up I think I know what it represents. However I think if anyone disrespects you after you die and even blows up your grave to pieces I bet you will still not care because after all you are.......dead

6 minutes ago, BlackVega said:

Aha at first I had no idea what that JPG compressed gibberish photo even was but after looking it up I think I know what it represents. However I think if anyone disrespects you after you die and even blows up your grave to pieces I bet you will still not care because after all you are.......dead

Yeah I guess the dead person personally would be in no position to complain but his/her friends/loved ones OTOH...

1 hour ago, Link said:

How far would you take this?

If you're asking what I think you're asking then yeah, it'd be one thing if it was some serial killer/rapist or some brutal authoritarian dictator or something but I don't like when people show such flagrant disrespect for someone who died just because their views/opinions don't exactly line up.

3 hours ago, Estil said:

something but I don't like when people show such flagrant disrespect for someone who died just because their views/opinions don't exactly line up.

I find it incredibly naive that you posted this expecting reverent eulogies for such a despised figure.

just look at the headlines:

Screenshot2023-11-30131639.png.90639109d7e9fbc8bb922d258d7a6e4a.png

Anthony Bourdain said it well:

"Once you've been to Cambodia, you’ll never stop wanting to beat Henry Kissinger to death with your bare hands, you will never again be able to open a newspaper and read about that treacherous, prevaricating, murderous scumbag sitting down for a nice chat with Charlie Rose or attending some black-tie affair for a new glossy magazine without choking.

Witness what Henry did in Cambodia ― the fruits of his genius for statesmanship ― and you will never understand why he’s not sitting in the dock at The Hague next to Milošević,”

so yea... I guess our "views/opinions don't exactly line up"

• Like 1

• The topic was locked