IGNORED

RIP Bryson

fcgamer

I don't know if there is an official RIP thread here on VGS, but I know that a lot of celebrities have their own threads discussing their deaths and legacies. Therefore I decided to start this thread to a guy I know, Bryson.

Bryson was one grade below me, though he and I were born the same year, me towards the beginning and him towards the end. We went to elementary school together, and although we weren't close back then, my parents moved house when I was in about third grade. By fifth grade, he and I ended up on the same bus route, and we both rode for a good while (I think he was probably on for about 45 minutes, and I got off at least an hour or maybe even an hour and a half in). As can be imagined, we and the rest of the kids who rode that bus who were the older kids, we quickly got to know each other and get up to mischief.

Years later, right after I graduated from university, Bryson, my best friend, and I started jamming out in the basement of my parents' house, in hopes of starting a band. My best friend and I both played guitar, and Bryson was on bass. We eventually recorded a few tracks, IIRC we did Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Smells Like Team Spirit, and Back in the U.S.S.R. for the songs we recorded, maybe also I Am the Walrus, but eventually Bryson got busy, and my best friend and I then both moved away, him to the Missouri and me to Taiwan. I still have the recorded tracks somewhere.

Anyways, found out Bryson passed away last week, at age 36. That's a damn young age to go, and the whole thing just rattled me quite a bit, since although we weren't super close, we went back a long ways and I have quite a few fond memories. 

Rest in peace Bryson, you will be missed. ❤️

• Sad 3

Rutledge? My primary collection is Transformers and he was one of the biggest collectors in the country. I spoke with him a few years ago about buying some of his prototypes and Japanese exclusives but we just couldn't come to a deal. Another local member here ended up buying it and this morning that local collector offered Bryce's old pieces to me. I went to Instagram to make sure I was spelling Bryce's name correctly and to my surprise I found out he had died. It affected me quite a bit, I wasn't quite able to think right for the rest of the afternoon, it's a pretty sad blow to the collector world and anyone that knew him. He seemed like a good guy.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Rutledge? My primary collection is Transformers and he was one of the biggest collectors in the country. I spoke with him a few years ago about buying some of his prototypes and Japanese exclusives but we just couldn't come to a deal. Another local member here ended up buying it and this morning that local collector offered Bryce's old pieces to me. I went to Instagram to make sure I was spelling Bryce's name correctly and to my surprise I found out he had died. It affected me quite a bit, I wasn't quite able to think right for the rest of the afternoon, it's a pretty sad blow to the collector world and anyone that knew him. He seemed like a good guy.

Nah it's a different guy, though he was into video games and stuff. Sorry to hear about the loss of collector Bryce too 😢

Did you find out how he died?  Not suicide or something I hope... 😞   And here I am feeling cheated because my wife and our first kitty died at least ten years before they should've according to average life expectancy... 😢

Edited by Estil