IGNORED

Super Mario RPG... tOo HaRd?!?

cj_robot

7 hours ago, cj_robot said:

Maybe I'm the weirdo, but I just don't get it. If you're not interested in the game, but you want the story, just watch a YouTube video. It's free and as low effort as you can get. I just don't understand buying and playing a game if you're not interested in the game.

You can’t interact a YouTube video weirdo XD

Edited by fox

6 hours ago, fox said:

You can’t interact a YouTube video weirdo XD

Uhhhhh, obviously you have to click play to start the video, and also click pause every time you need a peepee break.

Just call it "Super Mega Ultra Easy Mode." The kids will be demanding modes like this once they find out how brutally difficult Super Mario RPG's "Breezy Mode" is.

• Haha 1

On 11/7/2023 at 4:24 PM, cj_robot said:

I'm just starting to wonder why people play video games at all, though. If I just want a story, there's plenty of more accessible options for that.

Where are all these better options for interactive stories?  Movies...not interactive.  Book...not interactive, unless it is a choose your own adventure.  Stop and start on a youtube video? c'mon

This is the new Nintendo way to get everyone involved and experience a game, particularly little kids. A lot of their games have this feature either with an option or invincible character these days. That doesn't bother me at all when there is still a hard mode or doesn't impact the game outside of that option. What I dislike, are games like Mario Odyssey where they obviously watered down the difficulty of the game to make it more accessible.

I agree that it gets to a point where I personally wouldn't see a point in playing, but there are people out there where they may just want to get through a game with as little effort as possible. There's a reason I didn't play a lot of action games in the last 20 years... mash this button, run to this clearly marked spot, mash this other button to fight, go to this clearly marked objective, etc. etc. Mind numbing game-play.

Edited by Andy_Bogomil

I first played Super Mario RPG when I was about 6 or 7 years old, so 98 or 99 I think. I learned English words from that game, had no difficulty beating the game, could even defeat Jinx 3 times at the Monstro Town Dojo and also Culex. Granted, I also always finished the game at the maximum level 30 so that would be why it was easy.

Hard to imagine someone would find the original game hard, so hard it needs a Breezy Mode.

• Agree 2