IGNORED

Up or Down: The Ages Old Debate Has Been Solved

fcgamer

So I was at a 7-11 the other day and by chance I happened to take a leak. Whilst in the bathroom it came to dawn on me that the seat was suspended in this weird angle, neither up nor down. In fact, the toilet seats found in many convenience store restrooms in Taiwan are this way.

Now how I'd whip my ass up that high if I wanted to use the seat, no idea, I guess at 5 foot 7 I'm short; however, it seems that this is one solution to the seat up or down debate.

IMG20230922195847.jpg

IMG20230922195852.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 1

51 minutes ago, BlackVega said:

But actually can this toilet seat be locked into that position accidentally or on purpose? I also wonder what the technical reason is for this

I think it is something done on purpose. There's a lot of seats, generally found in public convenience stores, like this, so it has to be something intentional.

On 9/23/2023 at 5:35 PM, Mega Tank said:

Yea, just ignore the piss on the floor. The seat up or down is much more important.

Maybe it's some kind of weird social experiment to see if that's what people will do. God help whoever goes in there after someone has to make the decision on where to go #2.

• Wow! 1

13 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I think it is something done on purpose. There's a lot of seats, generally found in public convenience stores, like this, so it has to be something intentional.

If it's intentional, my guess would be that if you are standing, it's in the way, and only a terrible person would put it down and pee, so most people will put it up.  If you are sitting, it will also be in the way forcing you to put it down, and you wouldn't accidentally sit down with the seat up.  In Theory, everyone wins and it should be rare for someone to pee on the seat.

My personal belief is that in public, the seat should always be up because there will always be shitty/lazy people who will pee with the seat down, and that means anyone who needs to sit will have to clean it first, or just over over the seat.  

At home, not only should the seat be down, but the lid should be down as well.  While I do believe in leaving the seat down for the ladies, honestly, that's the least important reason.  Having the lid down prevents things for accidentally falling into it.  Plus, having the lid down means no one accidentally pees on the seat, and no one accidentally falls in when they forgot to put the seat down.  

• Like 1