IGNORED

Gimmick! Special Edition

rdrunner

This may be slightly old news, but I couldn't find a dedicated thread.ย  I think it just released digitally (or is about to) on all the modern platforms.

I'm excited for this one since I've heard great things about it, but wasn't planning on springing for a physical cart.

Anyway here's the trailer if you haven't seen it. ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

Edited by rdrunner

Feels like a bit of a gut punch when the Exa version of Gimmick exists, but we're not getting that one because Exa are protecting their gross exclusivity rights.ย 

I'm gonna get it anyway. I love Gimmick, and I can't pass over owning another copy.ย 

Dang, sold out on LRG / pre-orders closed June 18.ย 

On 7/1/2023 at 9:52 AM, guitarzombie said:

Ive always been adamant that if this game came to the US, it would be more expensive now than Samson.

Iย don't think more necessarily (Little Samson is now $2390 per vgpc ๐Ÿ˜ฎ) but definitely up there, same ballpark for sure.

1 hour ago, Link said:

Dang, sold out on LRG / pre-orders closed June 18.ย 

Iย don't think more necessarily (Little Samson is now $2390 per vgpc ๐Ÿ˜ฎ) but definitely up there, same ballpark for sure.

I would suspect because its more "kid" oriented (which is crazy considering the difficulty) means less sales + major quality game = $$.ย  Samson they advertised in Nintendo Power!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

Samson they advertised in Nintendo Power!

Do you think that wouldn't have happened with Gimmick "ifย this game came to the US"?ย 

Also interesting to think about, with that kid-oriented angle you point out - Samson is a cute kid and all. The Famicom art was pretty chibi.ย What would the US art for Gimmick look like? I bet they would have made him look darker and tougher. Which is funny to imagine.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Link said:

Do you think that wouldn't have happened with Gimmick "ifย this game came to the US"?ย 

Also interesting to think about, with that kid-oriented angle you point out - Samson is a cute kid and all. The Famicom art was pretty chibi.ย What would the US art for Gimmick look like? I bet they would have made him look darker and tougher. Which is funny to imagine.

I dunno.ย  They MAY have, but they scrapped a US release for a reason, most likely sales because they may have deemed it too tough for their target audience.ย  While Samson, is MUCH easier.ย  It IS in Nintendo Power as an upcoming release IIRC.ย  It may even show a couple of levels, but I could also be thinking of "Turrican". ย  I think they'd have kept all the artwork the same as the PAL version, but its sure cool to think what it'd look like.

1 hour ago, Sumez said:

It's not an LRG exclusive, you can still buy it everywhere else.ย 

As a download, right? I much prefer physical. Can count the number of download-only games I've bought on one hand. And they were all even cheaper than this ($13.49)

Edited by Link

3 hours ago, Sumez said:

no, I'm talking about physical. ๐Ÿ™‚ it's a worldwide wide release, available at all kinds of retailers. Seems its gonna drop around august or so, probably a few more are gonna start listing it then. I just preordered it at amazon.ย 

Oh. Well then. Badass. ๐Ÿ˜Ž Thanks for the intel ๐Ÿ‘ I'll buy it anywhere but Amazon or Walmart.

7 hours ago, Sumez said:

no, I'm talking about physical. ๐Ÿ™‚ it's a worldwide wide release, available at all kinds of retailers. Seems its gonna drop around august or so, probably a few more are gonna start listing it then. I just preordered it at amazon.ย 

Even tho I own a real PAL cart, and a repro with the full music, I MAY buy a physical of this depending on how it looks.ย  Good to know!