IGNORED

Large Board Game Shelf Recommendations

Hammerfestus

If there is an Ikea near you a trip there might be useful.  They used to have a lot of modular type stuff  in various colors including white. 

This is part of their Kallax line:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/kallax-shelf-unit-white-80275887/

Seeing it in person works better than looking online IMHO.

Edited by Tabonga
  • Thanks 1

The ikea billy bookcases are deep as hell. I had to switch off them to the prepac media shelves because they are so deep they aren’t really space efficient for storing loose carts. Probably would be perfect for board games that are long or wide though 

edit: I use the kallax for game consoles that are being used - I think it may be too small to fit board games but who knows

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I kind of like the current setup though...

I have no idea for recommendations, maybe you could build something yourself?

I’m just not that handy.  I’m a foot.

It was just those wire shelves of games but the in-laws are moving into the basement  so there’s been a seismic shift in my storage needs.  My game room is no more and everything got neatly packed away in totes.  

IMG_4315.jpeg.998bbf01bec0cb5e7449b9eaae8877ee.jpeg

IMG_4316.jpeg.16518c66c340866dd8a87f1ba1f26526.jpeg

BTW these totes from Home Depot are on sale for $11 and they are friggin awesome.

IMG_4318.jpeg.da9e7273794f630e8648dd90f166d06c.jpeg

Those HDX totes are the tits. Used them to move and store my collection when I moved back to NY. Not a single issue with any of them, held up extremely well even being stacked 4-5 high in some cases with a lot of weight on the bottom. Fun fact a complete loose NTSC N64 set fits in one while a complete loose NES minus SE took about 4. (27 gallon)

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Those HDX totes are the tits. Used them to move and store my collection when I moved back to NY. Not a single issue with any of them, held up extremely well even being stacked 4-5 high in some cases with a lot of weight on the bottom. Fun fact a complete loose NTSC N64 set fits in one while a complete loose NES minus SE took about 4. (27 gallon)

The “cashier” even asked me about them because I came out with 8 of them and then immediately went back in and came out with 6 more.  I figure there’s not a world where I go, “man, I wish I’d bought fewer of those $10 totes”.  She pointed out that it costs $4.50 for a cardboard box that size.  The quality for the price is off the charts. 

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
12 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

It was just those wire shelves of games but the in-laws are moving into the basement  so there’s been a seismic shift in my storage needs.  My game room is no more and everything got neatly packed away in totes.  

funny-oh-my-god-reaction-troll-2-arnold-9nfxd4q2eixd2vsf.gif

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1