IGNORED

Brand New Super Nintendo Console bundle with Super Mario All-Stars?

Armageddon Potato

Very dependent on venue.

On ebay you'd be very lucky to find all that at, idk, $3-400. Locally, it completely depends on the area as to what's a good deal. In a big city, it almost guaranteed won't be less than that; if you can find and get to a seller in the sticks, you might find it for $100 or less. A local person should have lower prices than a local store because they have less overhead, but might think (and might be right that) they can get more. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Armageddon Potato said:

I don't think they were ever sealed though?

We had discussions here on whether items that were not sealed and never played / used but had been opened were considered brand new or not, and the major consensus was "no". I'd personally disagree (living in Asia where so many things weren't played but we're sold as new), but yeah that was the consensus. So I'm just applying it across regions, if it was opened, it can't be brand new, at least by many on here.

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

We had discussions here on whether items that were not sealed and never played / used but had been opened were considered brand new or not, and the major consensus was "no". I'd personally disagree (living in Asia where so many things weren't played but we're sold as new), but yeah that was the consensus. So I'm just applying it across regions, if it was opened, it can't be brand new, at least by many on here.

Hmmm, for me for stuff like this the console itself would had to have been turned on and used at least once for me to consider it "used". If someone just peeked inside the box at the brand new contents I'd still consider it new since it hasn't actually been used. Personally I don't think observing something is "using" it which is what makes anything "used". Plus there's not really a way to prove someone has previously observed the contents of the box before without actually looking at the contents of the box for signs of actual use!

Does anyone know the value of these items? Mainly the SNES console bundle?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Armageddon Potato said:

Hmmm, for me for stuff like this the console itself would had to have been turned on and used at least once for me to consider it "used". If someone just peeked inside the box at the brand new contents I'd still consider it new since it hasn't actually been used. Personally I don't think observing something is "using" it which is what makes anything "used". Plus there's not really a way to prove someone has previously observed the contents of the box before without actually looking at the contents of the box for signs of actual use!

Does anyone know the value of these items? Mainly the SNES console bundle?

I think that's where opening lines potentially would come into play.

Trust me, I actually feel the same way as you, but the general consensus on here when I tried making a similar case (it's new old stock directly from a shop) and it was nada, it can't be considered new.

I'm half a day late to the game, but the 80s and 90s Nintendo consoles were not sticker sealed with the NES, SNES and 64 either.  Gameboy though originally wasn't but then they started using some NIntendo sticker tape on the DMG and into the Pocket.

I remember the nerdy old debates on NA 1.0 carried into 2.0 here about what is new or not, and it came down to people overly scrutinizing how the bags on controllers and cables looked, how the twist tie presented itself, and quite frankly I found the entire mess speculative and ridiculous.  It's not like they were machine bagged and wrapped, human hands did it, and human hands create variations of the same thing because they're not precision robotic tools.

So in the end with the US stuff, it's a trust thing, utterly and completely a trust thing when it's clearly not something that was just thrown back into the box and tied back up, you can clearly tell.  It's those where you just have to look and see if it appears undisturbed and fresh or not.

Games though, Mario Paint and Earthbound aside, which being big boxes were NOT sealed, the games were in the NTSC market outside Japan.  Japan though with that whole more honorable society thing, none of it was sealed, so the old look and hope it's folded just right to say it's new is about it.