IGNORED

FS: PS4 VR bundle with games all cib/sealed $250 for all PS4 stuff / FS/FO some of my old cib black box releases from Nintendo Age! Prices lowered again! Check out my garage sale as well for cheap dr squatch products!

Johnnyboy113

Just chiming in to confirm that the HRD/4K pass through issue present on VR version 1 only matters if you are using a PS4 Pro.  If you have any other version of the PS4, the PSVR version 1 will pass through everything to the TV, so you can leave it plugged in at all times.

The lack of HDR/4K pass through on the PSVR version 1 is possibly the biggest design failure in video game history.  

Edited by TDIRunner

Social Team · Posted

PSVR (version 1 & 2) can be played on the PS5 with a free adapter Sony had sent out if you provided them with the serial number of your PSVR.  Not sure if they are still doing that.   Of course you get one easily on eBay for ~$10.  Basically gets you PS4 Pro quality and a small handful of games give you a performance bump over the PS4 Pro too.  From what I heard there was only a couple of games where the PS4 Pro made a significant difference.  

So if you are planning on using the PSVR with a PS5 that pass through ability is a much bigger issue.  Funny that Sony had dealt with a similar issue on the PS3 and their 3D headset, HMZ-T1.  I think it had NO video pass through at all if the headset was left plugged into the base station.  I know the last version HMT-T3 had it fixed.  That is one that I have and use.  I think the second version had it fix too and that was the major perk over the first version.

• The title was changed to FS: PS4 VR bundle with games all cib/sealed $300 for all PS4 stuff / Sale!!! 5 Nes cib games! More details in first post please read! FS/FO some of my old cib black box releases from Nintendo Age! Prices lowered!
  • The title was changed to FS: PS4 VR bundle with games all cib/sealed $250 for all PS4 stuff / FS/FO some of my old cib black box releases from Nintendo Age! Prices lowered again! Check out my garage sale as well for cheap dr squatch products!
  • 4 weeks later...