IGNORED

The Legend of Tianding (Switch)

fcgamer

Released a few years ago digitally, the Legend of Tianding has finally been released on a physical format, a day or two ago it seems. I bought mine today.  🙂

This game takes place in Taiwan during the Japanese colonization period, and focuses on the legendary folk hero Liao Tianding. 

This is the first and only Switch game I own, as I don't have a Switch. I might buy a second copy of this, one to keep sealed and the other to open and play at one of my friends' place.

Has anyone here played this game yet or is planning on getting it?

IMG20230407173352.jpg

IMG20230407173358.jpg

IMG20230407174127.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Editorials Team · Posted

There's just so many Switch games and physical releases, that I'm sure none of us would have heard of this were it not for this thread.

But I would be curious to hear some impressions of playing it.  I'm sure it's a Metroidvania.  Everything is anymore.

Editorials Team · Posted
7 hours ago, Brickman said:

Looks really good, thanks for the heads up, I’ll probably get it.

Great to see a game that isn’t a remake on the Switch 😆 

Hey, my recent orders of Trails from Zero, Tactics Ogre, Powerslave... dammit!

But I also got Baba is You 😚

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted

This game has been on my radar for a little bit thanks to the last time you posted it.

It is on sale half off (digital release) so I bought it today.  It may be a bit, but I can't wait to try it out later!

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/the-legend-of-tianding-switch/

• Love 1

5 hours ago, spacepup said:

This game has been on my radar for a little bit thanks to the last time you posted it.

It is on sale half off (digital release) so I bought it today.  It may be a bit, but I can't wait to try it out later!

I could have sworn that I made a thread about it before, but when I searched I couldn't find anything. Glad to know I'm not going insane.

Anyways, I'm quite interested in knowing what everyone thinks of the game, for those who play it. I won't be able to try it for a while.

Administrator · Posted

It's funny you say that, because I couldn't find it either.  But the only reason I first became aware of the game was because I'm pretty sure you posted about it at some point before.  Maybe it wasn't a separate thread but a post in a thread, I'm not sure.  Either way, thanks for sharing about it and I'll share my feedback once I finally get to it! May be a while, my backlog is huge hahah.

• Like 1

I asked about this one off site when I saw the post so I had to dig.  If anyone cares about going digital on this one, NIntendo has a solid good price cut going on the title at the moment taking it down by 50% to $10 currently on the eshop.

From looks of the clips, it's like some brawling mixed with bruce lee type animated combat coupled with some strange magic and creature maybe big trouble in little china type moments all rolled into one.  It oddly looks quite good.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Nice. If anyone here ever needs an LRG title that they missed, I’d be happily to pick it up for y’all from the Limited Run retail store. I go there like twice a month. Cost plus shipping 

10 hours ago, phart010 said:

Nice. If anyone here ever needs an LRG title that they missed, I’d be happily to pick it up for y’all from the Limited Run retail store. I go there like twice a month. Cost plus shipping 

But does the store have that much?  There are a number of games that have gone out of their print scheme that touch 100+ on ebay now.

I felt a little pissed off when this game was first announced, as it has been in my sight for a few years to release a game based on this story. I first learned about the story about a decade ago, as this stuff occurred local to me.

I'll still hopefully do my take at some point though.

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

But does the store have that much?  There are a number of games that have gone out of their print scheme that touch 100+ on ebay now.

Some games are out of stock, but there’s a ton that are not. What game are you looking for?

On 4/14/2023 at 8:22 AM, phart010 said:

Some games are out of stock, but there’s a ton that are not. What game are you looking for?

Well I'm not now, but I got rid of circle of the moon 2 because I don't have the first.  They had some a year and a half ago with one of those early year sales, I paid for it, but then after the fact they refunded me and didn't send it just the second one.  That's when I utterly lost trust in the company and was the final straw on their FOMO antics.

The thing is now though, in another month I think, a card for Switch with both on it will arrive for the price of one so it's a moot point now. 😕

I'd have to skim the list of LRG stuff at this rate because I can't see the shelf to get a visual reminder.  How much have they got there?  I'm being made to leave for some hours or I'd be going over a list of their releases on wiki to try and remember.