IGNORED

Is there an ODE for the PSOne?

RH

I have a pair of PSOnes on my shelves of stuff I've found at yard sales and thrift shops.  I also have plenty of PS1s, so these aren't really needed.  Before selling them though, I think I'd like to try and keep one and add an ODE if such a device exists.

I've tried to search for this and I can't find anything.  There was a guy on twitter who seems to be an active PS1 homebrewer who about a year made a post about a proto PSOne ODE, but he has posted nothing since, and others have asked/searched for more info on that project.  But, I can't find anything else.

So does anyone know of an ODE for this device?  To be clear, I'm looking for an ODE for the PSOne, not the original boxie PSX models.

1 minute ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Does there need to be considered howmbrewed PS2s can play games off the HDD?

That's not why I'm asking. I have a couple of PSOnes and I think I'd like to put an ODE in them, if that's an option.  I know there are other ways to do this.  Obviously, there is an ODE for the PS1 fat.  Playing on a PS2 that's been hacked, as you're mentioning is an option too, but in my case, I'd like to have a hacked up PSOne. Since I have two, I might by 2x ODE kits, make them both, and sell one.  Maybe.

• Agree 1

Actually, I looked up the Twitter post I found earlier, and it seems like the PSOne ODE is in development by the guy who made the PS1 XStation. I  dug into the comments, and about 1 day ago he responded to another commentor that he "is working on it every day."  So, I doubt there's an ODE now, but hopefully soon.  Supposedly, this one might be solderless!  Nice!

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
11 minutes ago, RH said:

Actually, I looked up the Twitter post I found earlier, and it seems like the PSOne ODE is in development by the guy who made the PS1 XStation. I  dug into the comments, and about 1 day ago he responded to another commentor that he "is working on it every day."  So, I doubt there's an ODE now, but hopefully soon.  Supposedly, this one might be solderless!  Nice!

if you happen to get it made with and ode, let me know, i could be in the market for one 😉  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...