IGNORED

It Appears I Got Scammed Buying Prototypes

7 hours ago, twiztor said:

this is just my take:

@Code Monkeybought a fake prototype game. It sucks, but we're past the point that Paypal/credit card/banks/whoever are going to do something about it. Caveat Emptor.

@EternaXalso bought a fake prototype game, but also subsequently sold it. Again, we're past the financial security periods. 

All that being said, the best way to settle this between yourselves. My recommendation would be to make another deal. Eternax could/should offer a better deal than he normally would. CodeMonkey gets a little bit more bang for his buck. What this looks like in practice is up to you, and i don't know if that's even something either of you are interested in. But a potential solution to alleviate some of what happened.

I agree with this. If I made a deal for a prototype and discovered it was a fake fifty years later, should I be entitled to a refund, especially if the guy who sold it was not a fraudster either? At what point is the line drawn?

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

I agree with this. If I made a deal for a prototype and discovered it was a fake fifty years later, should I be entitled to a refund, especially if the guy who sold it was not a fraudster either? At what point is the line drawn?

I can answer that. The law states the statute of limitations on selling counterfeit property is 5 years, which means any legal action can happen up to 5 years after the offence. Also, the police can seize any finances related to the transaction for up to 5 years. 

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/liability-for-selling-counterfeit-goods.html

Screenshot from 2023-02-09 18-55-21.png

• Like 1

How much is a lawyer going to cost to get that 2000$ back?

Take it as a learning experience. You have been buying up as much as possible, spend some time verifying sources, see if the chain of command is realistic. 

Pal prototypes from a german via USA? Does that sound right? Ask the nolans or frank cifaldi first. 

@ThePhleo forgot to tag you, as someone dropped your name.  Curious if you have insight. 

Edited by MrWunderful
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I can answer that. The law states the statute of limitations on selling counterfeit property is 5 years, which means any legal action can happen up to 5 years after the offence. Also, the police can seize any finances related to the transaction for up to 5 years. 

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/liability-for-selling-counterfeit-goods.html

Screenshot from 2023-02-09 18-55-21.png

Are people even allowed to be buying and selling prototypes? If they were legit, it would oftentimes be purchasing stolen property.

• The topic was locked