IGNORED

Red Parker Bros Atari 5200 Game? Proto?

cordwainer1453

That's actually pretty shocking...

The red shell really bugs me, as there is no evidence that I can find of another red Parker Brothers shell in existence, prototype or otherwise.  I also can't seem to find any after-market shells either though, so that doesn't mean anything.  That said, looking at other Parker Brothers 5200 prototypes, there's some general inconsistencies aside from the red cart.

- The front should have a typed EPROM sticker on the front to identify the cart, not be written in sharpie.
- The EPROM sticker should be typed as well, not handwritten (this isn't guaranteed, as I could only find a couple examples, but it's striking)
- Though I can't find many board pics, the one here looks hand soldered.  Note that this doesn't rule one way or another, just an observation

None of that says it's fake, but it's a lot of flags for me personally.  But then, I don't know much about protos in general.  I could be way off base here.

2 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Post a photo and I'll take a look.

There's multiple photos already available via the eBay link in the original post.  As he doesn't own it and is just looking at it like the rest of us, it seems a waste to copy and paste those same photos here instead of just following the link to look.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

There's multiple photos already available via the eBay link in the original post.  As he doesn't own it and is just looking at it like the rest of us, it seems a waste to copy and paste those same photos here instead of just following the link to look.

In the past I've had people post a link to another forum which was a link to another forum which was then a link to the item they wanted us to look at. I've also been a part of another forum where the forum owner always posted news that linked to one of his other websites (to get the click counter up) which then had links to the news article.

I've avoided clicking links since then.

5 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

In the past I've had people post a link to another forum which was a link to another forum which was then a link to the item they wanted us to look at. I've also been a part of another forum where the forum owner always posted news that linked to one of his other websites (to get the click counter up) which then had links to the news article.

I get what you're saying, but he didn't tie a link to text--he literally posted the link.  It's right there, and says "eBay" right in the text.  If you're put off by clicking links, even when you know what they are, how do you get anywhere online?

Edited by darkchylde28
  • Like 2

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Yeah but like, you can clearly see that the link goes directly to ebay.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Found another on https://www.ebay.com/itm/385360805645?hash=item59b94b3f0d:g:GncAAOSwCFpjyK8i

This one is even weirder as it is Star Raiders, not a PB game?

These are my listings, I'm genuinely curious about what these are.

Seems like I find things before they blow up and everyone knows what they are, like the 5 screw SMB/DH/WCTM.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, there's a few possibilities.  The obvious is that they're fake.  Another possibility is that the boards are real, but someone custom ordered the shells to protect them.  Or it could be legit proto chips and everything else is fake.  Or they could be fully legit.  But a first party title seems weird to have in a Parker Brothers shell.