IGNORED

Multiplatform Weekly Contest Round 1: Pilotwings (SNES)

Red

Hello and welcome to the first round of the Multiplatform Weekly Contest!  Let's play some Pilotwings (SNES) to start things off!  

Rules:

- Choose Continue on the title screen and enter the password 520771

- Play through all 4 events and take a picture of your total score

- If you earn enough points for certification, continue on to the helicopter mission

- If you complete the helicopter mission, take another picture when the screen says "RESCUE SUCCESSFUL" and the helicopter takes off.  Be quick!  This will only last a few seconds

- Your final score will be your total score from the 4 events, minus 1 point for every second you took to complete the helicopter mission

- If you did not complete the helicopter mission, subtract 600 points from your score

- A negative score is okay

- Highest score wins

- You have until 11:00 PM EST on Sunday, December 11, 2022 to submit your score.

For general contest rules, click here:

Good luck and have fun!

SCOREBOARD:

1. Dr. Morbis (109 points)
2. Splain (-278)
3. Krunch (-404)

Edited by Red
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RH said:

I'll try to play.  I'm not sure how I missed this event ( @Red if you can check, can you see if I'm the notification list for events?)

Also, is playing this on an Analog Pocket as a handheld game ok?

I'm not a staff member here and this isn't an official VGS event, so I didn't send any sort of notifications out.  I'm just running these on my own for fun.  I see you were notified for the VGS Thanksgiving Contest, so I would assume you're still on the list, but I would suggest you ask a staff member (maybe @ZeldaFreak) if you want to be sure.

With the Analog Pocket, that would just be playing a ROM on an emulator, right?  That would be okay for this competition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Red said:

I'm not a staff member here and this isn't an official VGS event, so I didn't send any sort of notifications out.  I'm just running these on my own for fun.  I see you were notified for the VGS Thanksgiving Contest, so I would assume you're still on the list, but I would suggest you ask a staff member (maybe @ZeldaFreak) if you want to be sure.

With the Analog Pocket, that would just be playing a ROM on an emulator, right?  That would be okay for this competition.

Well, technically it's an FPGA so not exactly emulation, but practically speaking, yes.

Regardless, I didn't know if there would be issue playing it portably vs with a more standard control, though I guess some people may like to emulate and use a keyboard and mouse.  Yuck.

Thanks,

32 minutes ago, RH said:

Well, technically it's an FPGA so not exactly emulation, but practically speaking, yes.

Regardless, I didn't know if there would be issue playing it portably vs with a more standard control, though I guess some people may like to emulate and use a keyboard and mouse.  Yuck.

Thanks,

I don't know anything about FPGA, but after doing a quick search on the topic, I don't see any issues with it.  As long as it's not giving any advantage over playing by other means, I'll allow it.  Ideally, I'd like everyone to play on original hardware with an original cartridge and a standard controller, but I realize that might not be possible for a lot of people and would limit who can participate.

• Like 2

• The topic was pinned
Editorials Team · Posted

I can't get the hang of the skydiving. I always have to do it first, and hope for a lucky run that's at least slightly respectable. I still haven't managed to achieve the certification, so even if I do eventually manage it once or twice, it's probably gonna end up being a negative score from me! 😄

• The topic was unpinned