IGNORED

Pink CD with Madden turbografx-CD

TheBiRD

3 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Does the inner spindle say anything?   

First glance I would guess it's a CD-R copy of the game so you don't put wear on the original disc playing it.

A code like : VAH701231915317..   something like that..

Do you think it comes with the game?!  Here's the other side of the disk

image.jpeg.dc6bbde7a5ab6d8cc4c22d02dd97727a.jpeg

18 hours ago, twiztor said:

if it's your copy, why don't you tell us what the pink disc is for? where did you get it from?

does it boot up in a turbo duo? in a cd player? dvd drive? PC?

don't have Turbo duo..  but you're right, I've to try it in other console/device!!

My question was mostly if that CD came with the game itself.

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

I think we're missing something. Did you buy this game new and it happened to have this mystery disc inside? Or did you get it from someone else?

bought it used, weeks ago. Just noticed that pink CD isn't inclued with CIB copies on Ebay. So I wounder if it fit with that game or not.

Edited by TheBiRD

OK, you don’t have a TurboDuo - do you have a TurboGrafx CD?  What will you play Madden CD football on?  Whatever device you are using, test the pink CD in that.

The pink CD did not come with the game originally.  Again, contact the seller that you bought it from and ask him.  It’s probably a backup copy made by the previous owner.

Seriously get the demo of magic engine, it's free from the guys site and it only reads discs, burns included, not ISOs on a hard drive though.

If it's a legit PCE/TG CD of any sort, it will pick it up.  There is no mystery here, just lack of effort to get an answer.  Yes it hasn't been updated in a very long time, but it works, I use it, registered it myself close to 25 years ago, and no the key isn't transferable, but I know the demo works all the same.

http://www.magicengine.com/uk_index.php?sessid=sH1noZBXRs1fTmz7vL1jXANHuXtQ

• Like 2

For anyone curious, this is most likely a pre-release version of John Maddens Football. This particular disc is not pressed, and is missing the games unique ID otherwise it could be a legitimate prototype. Nothing solidifies it's validity besides the older CD-R, and the printed code in the middle. Which I'm not sure the codes meaning. Have a couple of these discs myself which all contain the final game from an ex NEC emplyee.

So you could say these are original burnt discs? But can't really solidify its legitimacy, besides myself and a few others seeing these before.

425594479_image02.thumb.jpeg.429b74d21f3f2282c45701bd3baecd8d.jpeg