IGNORED

panorama screen game n watch

Nes Freak

ive never seen  a game n watch like this before.  its in excellent shape.  no battery damage  no yellowing  minimal scratches. i ordered some batteries  to see if it works or not.  a friend got this at the fea market for 5 dollars  if he reasonable i might get it.  i just gotta find out if it works.

WIN_20220830_19_31_58_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220830_19_36_47_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

Panorama G&W are some of the most expensive ones, I hope for your friends sake it works because $5 was basically utter robbery.  That one has the same lit up panel as the DKJr tabletop unit, light passes through the top fold as the white square passes light, it pops the image that's backward on that down on a mirror which you then see out front.  There's little to go wrong in a model like that since you don't have lighting issues, lamps provide that.  If it's out, your issue would end up being more simple like a cold solder joint, cracked trace, battery connector corrosion, nothing too insane.

Big bonus, it has not yellowed and looks un-abused too which are pluses.  The lowest working in ehhh shape is worth a hundred maybe.  You're over that, so it's a goldmine of a pickup, double, triple that minimally given it works.  As clean as it is, stripped down a repair parts for others you'd be still probably around 100 too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Double your money? 😄  I've always wanted one, but never came across it, even when I collected the things.  I had the tabletop version of that which looked amazing from Coleco as the Nintendo one was two tone ugly.  These days I think that's like a couple hundred dollars, I can't do that. 😕

tbh i wouldnt know what to sell this for the price is as low as 250  and as high as 750 sold on ebay. i got it for 120 cash

Edited by Nes Freak

@Nes Freak

I totally understand that.  I think reasonably speaking, what you paid is around what I would have.  Basically what you have in the panorama is a series of Game & Watch that was a portable version of their tabletop units.  They're structurally inside the identical copies of the tabletop when it applied.  Same gameplay setup, same passive lighting from above from the white window, etc but meant as a portable on the go than a tabletop mini arcade display piece.  I've owned the orange Coleco style twice, both times I paid around what you did in the $100-150 range for the thing, and I'd do that again for one that could be slipped into a drawer as the other ate up too much space.

I've seen what you said price wise, some people just get stupid and pay whatever to get it when they want it immediately that's why it swings so nuts, has even before the virus, so that's not an impact on it.

I know a lot about these because as far back as the mid 90s I used to run what was the place to go to stateside for information, images, and more about the G&W series online in the 90s up through 2000 when I stopped.  I found the euro-centric pages had far more info and data, varied too due to the way stuff released in their region with more interactive stuff so I stopped.  I kept up general knowledge in case i ever bump into something in the wild locally as they're fun, but a panorama is one I never grabbed since I had tabletop space in the past.  I had the DKJr one, Popeye, and Mario Cement Factory in that style.  Largely though I just had the usual one to two panel style handhelds, 20+ of them.

You're fortunate your friend was fair pricing the thing especially since he got it for the ridiculous amount of $5.  I would have personally considered that the local find of the year if not years/decade depending how stuff played out. 😄   If you're not going to keep it (I would) I can only go so high, outside of trade, just depends as my pockets are limited since I don't buy/sell on ebay anymore due to those tax laws.

By the way where did you see it at 750?  New?  There were a couple, the DK Circus one is ridiculously expensive.  Junior is around $130 shipped-450(complete in box ex. condition) looking at ebay too.  Circus though I see the 700s.

Edited by Tanooki