IGNORED

NES Sachen Set

It's actually got several names depending on the variation. Galactic Crusader, Incantation, and Papllion Gals. Padillon Gais is probably a title screen corruption of the last one. Papillon/Padillion has the 8-bit nudity cut scenes, but they're all basically the same game. If you're looking for that one, it's very hard to find. I think only a handful of copies have ever surfaced.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tulpa said:

It's actually got several names depending on the variation. Galactic Crusader, Incantation, and Papllion Gals. Padillon Gais is probably a title screen corruption of the last one. Papillon/Padillion has the 8-bit nudity cut scenes, but they're all basically the same game. If you're looking for that one, it's very hard to find. I think only a handful of copies have ever surfaced.

Very very interesting Tulpa!! I have galactic crusaders Sachen, So would you say Padillon is a variant of Galactic?

I don't know how to describe it. It's kind of like Soap Panic/Bubble Bath Babes/Mermaids of Atlantis, and those are usually counted as separate games. 

Galactic Crusader/Padillion Gais/etc. all came out in one fashion or another, so if you're truly going for all variants and releases, you probably need all four.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tulpa said:

I don't know how to describe it. It's kind of like Soap Panic/Bubble Bath Babes/Mermaids of Atlantis, and those are usually counted as separate games. 

Galactic Crusader/Padillion Gais/etc. all came out in one fashion or another, so if you're truly going for all variants and releases, you probably need all four.

Yep definitely agree! I will continue to hunt for it 🙏🏽  Thanks again 

3 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

There was a full Sachen set including it forever on Ebay for something like $20k just recently. I was shocked no one bought it for so long (I’m not sure it ever sold). 

I remember following it forever, he even had all 4 color Huge insects. I obv asked

to sell me Gais…. 

On 7/30/2022 at 3:58 PM, Sam NES Litman said:

Very very interesting Tulpa!! I have galactic crusaders Sachen, So would you say Padillon is a variant of Galactic?

I forgot to ask you. You brought up Incantation. I couldn’t find anything to lead me to believe there is a NES game named that. Super Nintendo yes…Is there? Thanks again 🙏🏽

1 hour ago, Sam NES Litman said:

I forgot to ask you. You brought up Incantation. I couldn’t find anything to lead me to believe there is a NES game named that. Super Nintendo yes…Is there? Thanks again 🙏🏽

It's the same game as Galactic Crusader, just a different name.

https://bootleggames.fandom.com/wiki/Sachen#NES_/_Famicom

"TC-009 Galactic Crusader, aka Incantation or Papillon Gals (released in the US by Color Dreams ; the Papillon Gals, sometimes misspelled as Padillon Gais, release adds nudity and was released in Japan by Kinema Music and Asia by Sachen themselves.)"

https://handwiki.org/wiki/Software:Incantation_(1989_video_game)

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 7:06 PM, DefaultGen said:

There was a full Sachen set including it forever on Ebay for something like $20k just recently. I was shocked no one bought it for so long (I’m not sure it ever sold). 

That's because even though the games are worth that much, there's maybe 5 guys who give enough of a shit to shell out full retail for it.  If I were in his shoes, I'd ask a mint for them too, but the reality is that since 95% of modern collectors only care about licensed games, and 95% of the remainder don't care about Sachen, the likelihood of ever selling that lot is slim at best.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Ankos said:

I've seen some listings for the Famicom version of that. A couple of those are still up if you are interested, though I'm not sure how much you are willing to pay for it. Did it have an NES release as well?

Sachen's Famicom version is just one of the mahjong games, not actually the shooter. At least this was the case for every copy that I had found, which was enough that I don't believe they actually released the Famicom version themselves.

• Thanks 1