IGNORED

WATA -- 3rd party seal?

The description on this game says "Third party seam" in regards to the seal.  (Which apparently warranted an A++ rating)

What does that mean?  Is this a fancy way of claiming that he game was re-sealed at some point?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/kung-fu-superkicks-wata-96-a-sealed-2600-telegames-1983-usa/a/312110-67007.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Some background:  Telegames warehouse was hit by a tornado back in the 90's and pallets of their games (I'm sure discarded through insurance loss) made it to the local collectors market in Dallas.  I pulled many new-in-box Telegames games out of their factory shipping boxes and don't recall seeing any of them shrinked in plastic.  I have a number still in my collection today -- all in excellent condition but none are 'sealed'

15 hours ago, dogbowl said:

The description on this game says "Third party seam" in regards to the seal.  (Which apparently warranted an A++ rating)

What does that mean?  Is this a fancy way of claiming that he game was re-sealed at some point?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/kung-fu-superkicks-wata-96-a-sealed-2600-telegames-1983-usa/a/312110-67007.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Some background:  Telegames warehouse was hit by a tornado back in the 90's and pallets of their games (I'm sure discarded through insurance loss) made it to the local collectors market in Dallas.  I pulled many new-in-box Telegames games out of their factory shipping boxes and don't recall seeing any of them shrinked in plastic.  I have a number still in my collection today -- all in excellent condition but none are 'sealed'

It means a third party manufacturer sealed the item. As opposed to when Nintendo's own manufacturing facilities seal something, then it's first party.

• Agree 1

In this situation though, what's the difference between a reseal and a "3rd party seam".  Telegames was the distributer.

If the plastic shrink was wrapped after the game left Telegames, how could anybody be confident of its contents?  Furthermore, what's to stop any individual from shrink wrapping a game and claiming '3rd part sealed' when getting it graded??

I'd like to have more confidence in WATA......

1 hour ago, dogbowl said:

In this situation though, what's the difference between a reseal and a "3rd party seam".  Telegames was the distributer.

If the plastic shrink was wrapped after the game left Telegames, how could anybody be confident of its contents?  Furthermore, what's to stop any individual from shrink wrapping a game and claiming '3rd part sealed' when getting it graded??

I'd like to have more confidence in WATA......

Totally agree. If the game shipped without a seal then the “factory” state of the game is NS.

I was just answering your question about definitions haha

but what is a 'third party seal'? 

Could I offer my services here shrinkwrapping boxed games and WATA would treat that as '3rd Party sealed"?

Is there a period of time post-manufacturing that a game can be sealed and have it considered "third party sealed" (as opposed to being resealed)?

• 2 weeks later...