IGNORED

Reproduction video game online shop or person recommendations

I asked a similar question last week but didn't quite get the answers I was looking for so I figured I'd post again but being more clear. 

Years ago back in the NintendoAge days I felt like there was a number of people or online shops that made really nice reproductions/hacks products including carts, boxes and manuals. 

Would be great to get some recommendations for these types of products nowadays. I am def out of touch. Ironically Battle Kid got me into the retro scene back in 2010. I was really into this stuff but lost interest after a bit. 

As an example here are some carts I had made, way back when..

image.jpeg.42dcd326f547c7d64d9b92a30c9e3cb1.jpeg

19 hours ago, killerkobra said:

I asked a similar question last week but didn't quite get the answers I was looking for so I figured I'd post again but being more clear. 

Years ago back in the NintendoAge days I felt like there was a number of people or online shops that made really nice reproductions/hacks products including carts, boxes and manuals. 

Would be great to get some recommendations for these types of products nowadays. I am def out of touch. Ironically Battle Kid got me into the retro scene back in 2010. I was really into this stuff but lost interest after a bit. 

As an example here are some carts I had made, way back when..

image.jpeg.42dcd326f547c7d64d9b92a30c9e3cb1.jpeg

I honestly don’t know of anywhere that does the full package anymore. I think it was only one site that did them and they shut down a long time ago. For just carts, I use to make them back in the day on NA, if your ever see a little atomic explosion logo in the corner of a label, that was one of mine. Most of these games have been taken over by the Chinese bootleg market. They just straight up produce them cheaper. An average repro made by hand back when I did it would cost someone $30. Now you can get them on aliexpress for as little as 5$-$10 I think. 

The one place I do know that still exists is 

https://www.gamereproductions.com/

but Ive seen so much back and forth over the years with people having problems getting their orders that it doesn’t seem worth trying to deal with them

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I honestly don’t know of anywhere that does the full package anymore. I think it was only one site that did them and they shut down a long time ago. For just carts, I use to make them back in the day on NA, if your ever see a little atomic explosion logo in the corner of a label, that was one of mine. Most of these games have been taken over by the Chinese bootleg market. They just straight up produce them cheaper. An average repro made by hand back when I did it would cost someone $30. Now you can get them on aliexpress for as little as 5$-$10 I think. 

The one place I do know that still exists is 

https://www.gamereproductions.com/

but Ive seen so much back and forth over the years with people having problems getting their orders that it doesn’t seem worth trying to deal with them

Thanks for the info! Yeah I recall back then it was a lot easier to find these. The only site I could find was,

https://www.ocdreproductions.com/

• Like 1

I remember gamereproductions.com, hard to believe it was seriously 13 years ago I bought a game from them and they're still around. It seems in recent years, they've been garnering a reputation for not actually shipping out products which is a shame.

As leatherrebel said, the chinese market took over, people prefer lower prices over original cartridge boards and shells for a higher price. Maybe it's for the best, eventually we would run out of John Elway's Quarterback and Silent Service carts, I think.

18 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Everyone probably just moved over to Etsy or eBay at this point. 

8 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

They were always there, what they moved from was from handmade to mass produced 

Is there a particular ETSY seller that does good work that you Dudes are aware of?

• 2 months later...
On 6/28/2022 at 12:39 PM, killerkobra said:

Thanks for the info! Yeah I recall back then it was a lot easier to find these. The only site I could find was,

https://www.ocdreproductions.com/

Would recommend. bought a crimson echoes game w box and maybe manual years ago, terrific job. just recently bought a Pokémon creepy black in the last year. some quality stuff and personal touch.