IGNORED

Beyond Oasis Genesis PCB

a3quit4s

Hello folks. Got a Beyond Oasis for Genesis off of eBay and the label is clearly a reproduction but I need help verifying the board. Feel free to tag any Sega heads in the forums. Picture of PCB on the game I got attached. The chips are very odd like they have microprocessors in them which I personally have never seen but I deal mostly in Nintendo. 

image.jpg

Edited by a3quit4s

18 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Think its fake. Ill drag my copy out since i wont get into my storage for your spring and I just played this

was it sold as legit?

Yeah, technically the seller doesn’t accept returns but in the case he made an exception. The label is clearly fake which wasn’t mentioned and I don’t trust the PCB. It doesn’t match price charting but I know with Sega that isn’t always definitive. 

That's 100% BS...you got someone making fakes with an eeprom burner and hiding the fact.

Legit Sega boards have this number on the primary chip (4 digits) after a MPR before it, they're not gated like that.  Sega also brands their boards kind of like Nintendo did.  So it looks like someone found a compatible board, jerked a cheap game off it, flashed the game and soldered it in there to make it seem semi-legit.

Returns allowed or not, one snap of that board with a simple explanation and ebay would force it for selling counterfeit goods with intent to deceive.

Actually @a3quit4s you should trust the PCB, it's the only Sega part involved here other than maybe the shell too. 😄

I surprised myself with this one, the awful VGPC has a use, people put legit PCB pictures there and I had no idea, this came off a google image search.

This is the board

1600.jpg

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

You on the genny train now?

Sometimes I derail from my current collecting goals (complete loose SNES currently) because it can be a drain as you know. Since I moved all my games into storage I don’t have anything to play besides the two consoles I bought after I moved the collection - TG16 and JVC X’eye. I got a bunch of TG 16 and Sega CD games and heard Beyond Oasis was a good Zelda like game so I wanted to give it a go. It’s been awhile since I bought Genesis as well. 

Im really doing an awesome job of not buying games till after we move 😂

edit: TG16 and X’eye are what I have to play retro on, I still have all my current gen stuff at our house

Edited by a3quit4s

That's the train I'm on...well it's more I guess like the train wreck image you can't not look at. 😉  One train is SNES/SFC the other is Genesis/MD.  I'm buying/trading into both, and actively using them more evenings/days than not so far and trying to stick to it.

Currently the time sink more than random play is Final Fantasy II, been probably 10-15 years since I seriously attempted it.  Last night did both mountains, Cecil is a paladin, slapped around Yang to get the Baron key then parked it.

It's a bit of the reason I'm also releasing more stuff into trades/pp on here or cash locally, get rid of a lot more, get notably less in return that costs a bit more than I care to spend so it's a win win.

10 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

That's the train I'm on...well it's more I guess like the train wreck image you can't not look at. 😉  One train is SNES/SFC the other is Genesis/MD.  I'm buying/trading into both, and actively using them more evenings/days than not so far and trying to stick to it.

Currently the time sink more than random play is Final Fantasy II, been probably 10-15 years since I seriously attempted it.  Last night did both mountains, Cecil is a paladin, slapped around Yang to get the Baron key then parked it.

It's a bit of the reason I'm also releasing more stuff into trades/pp on here or cash locally, get rid of a lot more, get notably less in return that costs a bit more than I care to spend so it's a win win.

I was rocking Neutopia on TG16 but dying and going all the way back to the start of the game instead of dying and say starting at the beginning of the dungeon was a no go for me. I was playing Sonic CD and got to the pinball boss level and fffffff that level. I’m actually doing better about playing the games I’m buying so hopefully it continues when I rescue the rest from the solitary confinement of the storage unit. 

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

I don’t mind them loose since they don’t take up as much shelf space as NES/SNES. @Californication you want to sell me that Musha right??

Ha. Funny story, I pretty much got that for free the year before last. I bought it cib for $500, took the cartridge and sold the box and manual for $500 the same month.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Californication said:

Ha. Funny story, I pretty much got that for free the year before last. I bought it cib for $500, took the cartridge and sold the box and manual for $500 the same month.

Hopefully the same happens to me but with Crusader of Centy! I'm a sucker for knock off Zeldas lol

Just now, Tabonga said:

If you haven't played it Golden Axe Warrior for the Master System is much better IMHO than the NES Zeldas.

I'll have to make a note to buy that when I get my stuff out of storage, I've got a Mega SG with the master system adapter in one of the boxes somewhere lol