IGNORED

Price check on Sealed Breath of Fire SNES

phart010

19 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

There are some long debates about that topic interwoven in numerous threads here. Personally, I'll take a clean CIB over a ratty sealed game any day, plus you can actually play it!

Personally I’d take a clean CIB too. But if sealed is worth more, I’d sell sealed to buy cib rather than opening a sealed game

• Like 1

I'd trust @jonebone's advice on this one.  Even if you would really like a copy of this game, if a copy like this can get you the same amount of cash as a really nice CIB copy, I'd either sell it as is and shop out a CIB copy in better condition, or I'd look for a trade with someone who'd consider it an upgrade.

Regardless, I think removing the shrinkwrap on a tatted game can make sense, especially if you can remove the items and clean up and lightly restore the box to look better.  With proper handling, those corners could be cleaned up and you could straighten up the crushing.  You could make that game look a whole lot better if you could get under the wrapping.  If you really want to profit from this one, you could cut a slit on the side, pull out the game, fix up the box and slid it back in.  I have no clue why some people value games in original wrapping after it's been opened, but that can help the value too.  It might make it a bit easier to spot-clean the wrapping for dust on the inside and make it look better too.  You'd have to be careful with the entire process, but it could be done, unless the wrapping has shrunk to much from climate over the years.  In that case, once it's off, it's off for good.