IGNORED

SNES MACS games

3rdStrongestMole

Editorials Team · Posted

I have zero and my set is "full" as far as I'm concerned (and as far as my wife is concerned 🤣 ).  The internet's milestones be damned.  I ain't wasting thousands of dollars because of an imaginary asterisk that only I know about.

To answer your question, there are 3 different ones

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess it would mean how you define full set. I wouldn’t consider them part of the US licensed or retail full set but in the terms of a full set wherein you have all the games made for SNES then certainly I would include them 

This has more information on it and the three variants since @Reed Rothchild decided to be ambiguous lol

https://snescentral.com/article.php?id=0901

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I have zero and my set is "full" as far as I'm concerned (and as far as my wife is concerned 🤣 ).  The internet's milestones be damned.  I ain't wasting thousands of dollars because of an imaginary asterisk that only I know about.

To answer your question, there are 3 different ones

Yeah the money is crazy for these. And 3 is way worse than 2 if they're all 3k + (at least, in today's market). Also, I'm sure they rarely pop up FS anywhere, so that means whomever has one can slap a 10k price tag on it and let it sit on eBay

48 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I guess it would mean how you define full set. I wouldn’t consider them part of the US licensed or retail full set but in the terms of a full set wherein you have all the games made for SNES then certainly I would include them 

This has more information on it and the three variants since @Reed Rothchild decided to be ambiguous lol

https://snescentral.com/article.php?id=0901

That's a fair point... Maybe if I can just get my hands on one down the road that'll fill that void sufficiently...

And that's not even including the rifle. Geeeeez 

2 hours ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

That's a fair point... Maybe if I can just get my hands on one down the road that'll fill that void sufficiently...

And that's not even including the rifle. Geeeeez 

I’ve only ever seen one person with the rifle and I can’t remember if it was here or the Guinness world record holder guy

Just now, Reed Rothchild said:

@jonebone (among others) has one

I almost mentioned him, think he was the owner of the gun/CRT and case combo, but I already had one mention this month of someone who I thought admitted to something a long time ago, and I was wrong, and I didn't want to make a habit of that.

But yeah, if memory serves me correctly, it was either Jone or he was one of the guys in that former conversation where someone showed off a complete setup.

There was a Rifle that popped up on ebay the other day, seller said he pulled it for a 3k offer (figured at least 5-7.5k) IMO.

I have 2 rifles, 4 carts (2x BRM, 1 MACS, 1 MTS) and an original TV (that is just Panasonic if I recall).  The Moving Target Simulator is by far the rarest cart in the SNES library and they just aren't out there.  BRM or MACS used to hover in the $2k-$2.5k range as a cart but they've been there a long time and are due for a bump.  MTS doesn't have enough sales date to have a known price.

Most people don't require them for the set but they are definitely cool!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jonebone said:

There was a Rifle that popped up on ebay the other day, seller said he pulled it for a 3k offer (figured at least 5-7.5k) IMO.

I have 2 rifles, 4 carts (2x BRM, 1 MACS, 1 MTS) and an original TV (that is just Panasonic if I recall).  The Moving Target Simulator is by far the rarest cart in the SNES library and they just aren't out there.  BRM or MACS used to hover in the $2k-$2.5k range as a cart but they've been there a long time and are due for a bump.  MTS doesn't have enough sales date to have a known price.

I can't recall, but someone on NA also had like a gun case, I think, that kept the rifle and the SNES tucked in it for travel.  Did you own those pieces too?  This discussion simply has me curious about the whole set.  I know they are just hard plastic shell cases, but we nerds are all about the fine details.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 2:18 AM, jonebone said:

Any guess why MTS is so crazy rare compered to the others?
I won mine at open auction in 2012 for $200 and I have only seen or heard of maybe 10 total in all the years I've been paying attention and from the old Nintendoage owners list.
My MTS is in the nicest condition by far!

IMG_6825.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 months later...