IGNORED

Sealed Game Boy TumblePop (Tumble Pop?) Contents

yZoneFox

I'm arranging the sale of my sealed TumblePop for a CIB TumblePop; however, I want to make sure the CIB has everything, if indeed more than the manual was included with the game.

I have recorded several CIBs for some time that lead me to believe the papers included are the manual, Nintendo Power subscription card, and probably a health and safety booklet. I attached images of some of the Data East release of the game, but if you have knowledge of the true CIB contents of the Sunsoft version, do share. While not pictured in my examples, I think I always got one of those health booklets about not dropping your system in the tub when I opened a Game Boy game.

Most of my GB games included more than just the manual when I bought them new, so that is why I suspect there could be a card, fold-out advertisement, poster, or something else. I believe some sellers try to match the contents they see from other sellers or throw in irrelevant extras to entice buyers, so it's hard to know whether my examples are the true true.

My most compelling evidence of a possible extra item in the box is the shot of a Nail n Scale which was released the same year by Data East. The listing showed a Data East registration card (sorry, no product code visible).

TP1.jpg

TP2.jpg

TP3.jpg

nailScale.jpg

Fun to see this post! No idea about the inserts for each of the CIB releases, but I did just pick up a sealed Sunsoft copy to pair with the original box art painting of the game!

I don't think I'd realized that there were two releases! Do you know the difference between the two or why it had separate publishers? I imagine the Data East release was first then the Sunsoft later? 

PXL_20210323_153643798._exported_1066_1617763859454.jpg

PXL_20210323_153858675._exported_0_1617764307941.jpg

Edited by supergamboy

21 minutes ago, supergamboy said:

Fun to see this post! No idea about the inserts for each of the CIB releases, but I did just pick up a sealed Sunsoft copy to pair with the original box art painting of the game!

I don't think I'd realized that there were two releases! Do you know the difference between the two or why it had separate publishers? I imagine the Data East release was first then the Sunsoft later? 

PXL_20210323_153643798._exported_1066_1617763859454.jpg

PXL_20210323_153858675._exported_0_1617764307941.jpg

In the late 90s, Sunsoft bought the rights to release many GB games. To my knowledge, none of the ROMs were changed with Sunsoft branding, but only the boxes and manuals were updated with the logo.  Probably the most notable Sunsoft rereleases were the four Squaresoft games, because it was a big deal to be getting a rerelease of that content, and Lock N Chase.  Lock N Chase is nothing special, but is super rare and the most difficult Sunsoft title to find.

• Like 1

IRC Most of the older games came with a poster of some sort.  weather it was a poster of up and coming games or a larger view of the box art.  but in later first releases ie 94- 99 they moved away from that as most publishers did not what to pay extra.

early boxes had.

Game
clam shell for game
plastic tray (IRC they moved to cardboard around 93
baggie
reg card
Nintendo Power Card
Poster
caution manual
Game Manual

On 4/6/2021 at 8:14 PM, RH said:

To my knowledge, none of the ROMs were changed with Sunsoft branding, but only the boxes and manuals were updated with the logo. 

In all carts I've seen, both Sunsoft and Data East have DMG-T6E-0 stamped on their ROM, so I guess there are no differences. I do notice the memory bank chips are different, but I'm not sure if that's factory-dependent.

On 4/7/2021 at 12:54 AM, JVOSS said:

IRC Most of the older games came with a poster of some sort.  weather it was a poster of up and coming games or a larger view of the box art.  but in later first releases ie 94- 99 they moved away from that as most publishers did not what to pay extra.

early boxes had.

Game
clam shell for game
plastic tray (IRC they moved to cardboard around 93
baggie
reg card
Nintendo Power Card
Poster
caution manual
Game Manual

On a side note, I'd like to know when they officially stopped using the plastic trays. One of the first games I remember having cardboard is Kirby's Dreamland 2 and that is 95. Jurassic Park is 93 and it had plastic. I believe all Player's Choice have cardboard. Both my Natsume reprints of the Bubble Bobble games have cardboard trays and I believe both of those were post-95.

It's unfortunate that memory is failing me, but I believe most of the plastic tray games came with at least one more item beyond the manual, NP sub card, and health / safety booklet. Maybe this info was preserved on the old NA database. I remember that had pictures of cards and other extras.

• 3 years later...