FrankenGraphics

Flea on KS

Just found this on kickstarter

It looks funny and cute and the central platforming mechanic ties well into the theme. I liked the quirky melody, and the inventive underlying level design idea. The graphics got their own charming identity, except the HUD & font which presently are shake n bake from the nesmaker tutorials. Hopefully that gets bit of love between now and then, but the game looks well thought out otherwise. 

I'm grabbing a digital copy (headsup - the shipping reached a new hallmark of expensive, despite the creator being uk based and i live in europe). 

Edit: forgot the link. here it is

Edited by FrankenGraphics
  • Like 2

There is a demo version of this from the NESmaker byte off. I played the demo and honestly thought that the game play mechanic was pretty good. Your character constantly jumps so making those platforms and such is kind of fun because its all about timing.

Yeah, ultimately it was the demo that convinced me this is something i want to support.  Apart the "charming" theme. 😉 Sometimes, all it takes is a clever design idea, and the rest will somehow become more like sprinkle on top.  I also found the admission that it's still in need of some programming efforts honest and commendable. 

Edited by FrankenGraphics

That logo is more than a little stolen from Powerpuff Girls, lol.

Posted (edited)

Did anyone see his latest update on KS? He claims he found a Nintendo PlayStation at flea market. I was so sure he was pulling an April Fool’s prank, but then he picked up and showed the console! Is this for real???

Edited by Scrobins

Fake. You can tell when you see the top of the play station. Its a printed graphic. I am sure it easily fools some folks though. I have handled and seen the play station in person.