IGNORED

Where in New York city can I buy NES and 2600 games?

46 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Travelling with work for a conference so I'm wondering if there are any game stores I can go to.

https://videogamesnewyork.com/retail-store/

I won’t go into cities, so I can’t speak to the prices or service but that’s a place to try. They have also published a handful of switch games for PixelHeart I think.

• Like 1

Depends how far you're willing to go.  I know the city is expensive.  I'm on Long Island and the store I go to is video game trading post in Levittown NY.  Its prob about a 45 min drive, or taking the train it isn't too bad.  I haven't been there in a while, but last time I stopped in they had a LOT of good, rare, high end NES stuff (Panic, Mighty Final Fight) and weird uncommons, as well as SNES/Genesis stuff (I remember them having a musha).  Prices are fair.  I know there are other pockets closer to the city, but I don't know them off hand or even if they're still open.  I think Gotham Games was another.

Thanks for the great suggestions, I walked 11 kilometres today and 15,000 steps going store to store. I checked out Video Games NY and picked up a pretty uncommon Atari 2600 game for $3 but didn't find much else there.

However, then I went over to 8 Bit And Up (http://www.8bitandup.com/) in some dark hole area and it was great. Lots of NES / Atari selection plus just random tubs of manuals and inserts and some much harder to find items as well. Everything was priced the same as eBay which sucked but I bought quite a bit and got a good deal. The guy working was super nice and I'd go back again for sure.

• Like 1

around 2009-10 a friend went to new york (from europe) and he surprise-called me when he was inside videogamesnewyork, he said i could have a game for my birthday, so he passed the phone to the owner, and he was italian like both of us, so we talked for a while and i ended up asking about game boy games. i chose a cib metroid ii.

i have no idea if he's still the owner of the shop, i also have no idea how much the game was, but i think no more than 50 usd.

sorry this is not really helpful to the op.

• Like 1

If you end up on Long Island Game On is great probably no steals but everything they take in is really nice and the stores are super clean. One in Smithtown, Miller Place, and a new one in Patchogue I haven’t been too. My mother in law actually texted me about the patchogue location opening lol

Edited by a3quit4s

2 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

Haha, I like how you're suggesting stores that are like a 90 minute drive from NYC!  Game On has some of the cleanest looking games i've ever seen.  Prices are odd (Like one copy of Rambo will be $7 and another could be $10) but thats about it.

There are no bounds for buying games!