IGNORED

This wouldn't count as new would it?

NES.God

9 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

i'm talking about yahoo japan auctions, and the hundreds of games and soundtracks i browse and sometimes buy, where a small scratch on the cd case is described like the item came out of a landfill or is to be considered junk. i mentioned bids, so obviously nothing to do with hardoffs and bookoffs.

what am i supposed to get from the link? the guy tried to buy as much as possible from local stores, ok, and he found bargains sometimes, ok, and stuff he couldn't find in local shops he found on yahoo mercari fril etc., very nice 🙂

so yeah the idea has been around for a while, ever since i had an account on yahoo japan auctions in 2005. gotta move to mercari as it's stealing a good part of the show now.

No offense, but you clearly have put your own opinions before the actual facts. 😩

The article, when translated, debunks everything you have said. While giving insight to how actual Japanese game collectors buy their games. With this one including Yahoo! Japan's auction site as part of the quest he had completed.

And again, no offense, you have spent all those years not learning how Japanese sellers run their businesses on Yahoo! Japan. Because your response sounds like you expect them to be more international and less national. 😅

As for Yahoo! Japan's auction site, it was made for national sellers. Because of that they are going by FMV. And will also treat a flaw as an excuse to offer a discount if it means they can sell it.

Which goes back to the topic regarding the Hong Kong game. Just like many Japanese sellers those in Hong Kong made sure their older new stock is sellable. Thus they inspect it before they sell it.

All things that I am sure @fcgamer has dealt with when it comes to his own collection. Just like those I have met who live in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Osaka, Hokkaido, and so on have told me about Yahoo! Japan, sales, and the like. 😅

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, GPX said:

@Tyree_Cooper, @fcgamer, @FenrirZero

Guys you are talking about 2 separate issues:

1. Can an opened box (which was never originally sealed) have brand new, unused contents?

Yes, absolutely! Sometimes, things are checked to ensure contents are new before listing them as “brand new”. Without checking, sometimes not always easy to know, particularly when passed through several chains of purchases. 

2. Just because a box appears “new” doesn’t mean the insides are the same condition or are unused. As a buyer, I’d  likely insist of confirmation of old retail stock, or I would prefer to see photos of the insides (this is Tyree’s point). 

—————

Tying it all together, in the OP’s example the answer is still not confirmed unless the OP is sure 100% the game is old retail stock, or he might need to check the insides to see if the contents have been used or unused.

Ironically, I was trying to bring up the fact that I have done tons of business with Japanese sellers for nearly a decade. And have read up on those who have done business with Hong Kong sellers. With both validating the point you are making as a valid reason why they are prone to inspect their wares before putting them up for sale.

That attempt ended up feeling a lot like the days I tried to shop in Akihabara. Knowing why I am there is easy, using words in hopes of getting results is not. With the difference being that none of you guys are dressed like maids of any kind. And we're talking about a game that looks like it was opened but does not show signs of being tampered with. 😅

3 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

Ok sure whatever. Ive been living in hk for the past 12 years and been buying from japan for longer. Not sure what your collector interview is debunking.

Im sure you know this place and people much better. I dont really need to prove anything.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

First off, both your claims on living in Hong Kong and doing business with Japanese sellers are moot points. 🙄

Citations? Sure.

For beginners, the topic is about an old Hong Kong variant of a NES game. You "being" in Hong Kong is a great benefit for the OP simply because somebody there will confirm if that is an 'old stock' situation or something else. All the OP has to do is say when they got it, how the seller got it, and so on. But instead you rebuffed that by turning something interesting into something that is antagonistic.

And your comments about Japanese sellers is worse. Simply because you put no effort into knowing these things, and yet you still chose to act like you are more of an expert than they are. 🤦‍♂️

I can go on, but I don't do well with those who have tantrums just because their self-entitlements have been challenged in some way. So I will just say that the only thing I know about these jobbers is that they are my forum friends. 👍

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 7:06 AM, fcgamer said:

You say a game is just a CIB if it's been opened, whereas I view items as whether they actually are new or not, and condition plays no role in that.

I was being facetious with that comment. It's technically open box with new contents.