IGNORED

ADVICE NEEDED: selling super rare Shantae GBC in box/with manual

Hi there, I'm new here, I was wondering if any of you had advice on the best way to sell this. I'm in canada, I tried listing this on Ebay but because I never use the site I have a selling limit of CAD $1000. I listed it at that price, and as soon as it went live I had two potential buyers. They were both in the states and for some reason my shipping options wouldn't allow them to purchase it. After contacting support it was eventually stated as a bug on Ebay's end. ANYWAY, I removed the listing as I wanted to do more research. 

Raising my selling limit on ebay will take too long as I'm moving to Germany in a month, It also seems clear based on other shantae sales, that my listing with box and manual was undervalued. I'd like to get a little closer to its actual value. Does anyone have any advice on other avenues I could use to try and let buyers know I have this and am willing to sell? I would love to sell it before I move, but may have to take it with me to Germany if I can't figure out how to do this, within the next few weeks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cliffgreene said:

Hi there, I'm new here, I was wondering if any of you had advice on the best way to sell this. I'm in canada, I tried listing this on Ebay but because I never use the site I have a selling limit of CAD $1000. I listed it at that price, and as soon as it went live I had two potential buyers. They were both in the states and for some reason my shipping options wouldn't allow them to purchase it. After contacting support it was eventually stated as a bug on Ebay's end. ANYWAY, I removed the listing as I wanted to do more research. 

Raising my selling limit on ebay will take too long as I'm moving to Germany in a month, It also seems clear based on other shantae sales, that my listing with box and manual was undervalued. I'd like to get a little closer to its actual value. Does anyone have any advice on other avenues I could use to try and let buyers know I have this and am willing to sell? I would love to sell it before I move, but may have to take it with me to Germany if I can't figure out how to do this, within the next few weeks.

You can always make a sales post here.

The biggest facebook group for collectors buying/selling in Canada I know is CDN - Canadian Vintage Video Games Trade, Buy & Sell so you can always try there

You could also try the HighEND Games Room Facebook group. Lots of dealers and collectors scooping up all the expensive stuff in there. Should be extremely easy to sell it since there are none for sale or in sold listings on Ebay right now (besides one non-serious BIN listing).

Personally to maximize value, I would figure out how to get an Ebay auction going though even if you have to wait. When the market is starved for a higher end game for a while, you might bring two crazy bidders out of the woodwork. Did you actually list it at $1000 CAD, because that seems way too low.

Edited by DefaultGen