IGNORED

Best Homebrew labels

Hi all,

Any suggestions on places to go for homebrew SNES labels? Glossy or matte is fine. 

One place that I went to, the labels were too thick and the top flap of the NES label keeps unsticking. I am looking for labels for SNES that are not going to have this problem. Also I need to be able to work with the designer to give them guidance on how I want the label to be designed

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I ordered a replacement NES robocop 3 label from here that was really good, I dunno if he does customs but worth asking. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/935117074/cartridge-game-replacement-labels?ref=shop_home_feat_3

Thanks for the recommendation. Not being judgmental or claiming to be virtuous or anything, but I’m planning to do something a little bigger scale than just my personal collection, so I’d need to work with someone that’s not doing 1:1 copies. Could be bad for image to be associated with that type of work.

Edited by phart010

On 8/7/2021 at 12:36 AM, Dr. Morbis said:

I've gotten some really nice high quality glossy labels from these guys.  This one in particular for Streemerz, I really like:

https://www.retrogamecases.com/shop/nes/streemerz/

Have you noticed any issues with the top folded part of the label peeling off and not wanting to stay down?

14 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Have you noticed any issues with the top folded part of the label peeling off and not wanting to stay down?

No, but I apply them with the same principle as I do my arcade CPO's: I gently pre-bend/fold them with a straight edge at the spot where they'll be going around the 90° bend so that the label is the form it's supposed to be before it is applied.  If you don't do this, you're forcing the adhesive to fight against the label wanting to flatten itself out for the rest of it's life on your cartridge...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

No, but I apply them with the same principle as I do my arcade CPO's: I gently pre-bend/fold them with a straight edge at the spot where they'll be going around the 90° bend so that the label is the form it's supposed to be before it is applied.  If you don't do this, you're forcing the adhesive to fight against the label wanting to flatten itself out for the rest of it's life on your cartridge...

I thought to do that as well, but wasn’t sure exactly where the fold line should be. I didn’t want to crease it only to find out that my crease was slightly too high or slightly too low. So I didn’t pre-crease it, unfortunately that caused it to not stick.

I have bought labels from retrogamecases before though, they are top quality. This crease thing was my only issue, but I guess I just need to figure out how to do that right for my next endeavor 

18 minutes ago, phart010 said:

I thought to do that as well, but wasn’t sure exactly where the fold line should be. I didn’t want to crease it only to find out that my crease was slightly too high or slightly too low. So I didn’t pre-crease it, unfortunately that caused it to not stick.

I have bought labels from retrogamecases before though, they are top quality. This crease thing was my only issue, but I guess I just need to figure out how to do that right for my next endeavor 

Before removing the backing just hold it up to the cart and draw a line where the fold goes

@a3quit4s That I believe looks pretty clear, clean, and sharp.  I am not familiar with the game really to be sure to compare, that and the board loves to murder original file sizes too. 🙂  The dude even got a nice bevel there on the corners that sits well which most fail to do sadly.

I'm kind of tempted to do a test, order one I could use, and one of a game with some solid detail on it I have in great shape to side by side it for curiosity sake.

4 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

@a3quit4s That I believe looks pretty clear, clean, and sharp.  I am not familiar with the game really to be sure to compare, that and the board loves to murder original file sizes too. 🙂  The dude even got a nice bevel there on the corners that sits well which most fail to do sadly.

I'm kind of tempted to do a test, order one I could use, and one of a game with some solid detail on it I have in great shape to side by side it for curiosity sake.

Mine was like $10 with shipping so order a test and the worst your out ten bucks. I thought it was really good quality but my bar is not as high as some others on here but judge for yourself!

Edit: Robocop 3 was also not a choice they had but I put it in the notes when I ordered the NES label and they came though. 

Edited by a3quit4s

@a3quit4s  I may do that.  I have a fairly fubar copy of Ninja Gaiden Trilogy far as the sticker goes, holes, lots of white.  I got it like a decade ago for 1/2 the then going rate, so because I didn't give a crap I used some black matching ink to fill in the best I could which made it far less an eye sore, but it still sucks.  It's bad enough if I did sell or trade it, the replacement sticker would be appreciated by most but the most corn chip in the buttcrack types.

• Haha 1