IGNORED

TMI Channel (To Much Information)

46 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

*takes notes*

Does that include early Seal of Quality TM to R transitions?

@ThePhleoif you have data please share. over at the NA DMG list. 

SOQ not included.  Some are to small to determine on cart.    As for box i don't track. 

the numbers are as follows for 149 cart only

breakdown as follows

9 display carts

3 "B" variants (cart that have 2 rom updates or Label changes, before a label Rev update)  SML2/ZL/TR (label)

28 "A" variants (cart that have (1 rom or label or both) update before a Rev update)

1 Rev-3 variant

8 Rev-2 variant

100 Rev-1 variant

@ThePhleo(now i have to look into this more.  any one that strike you as easy to spot)

Edited by JVOSS
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

@ThePhleoif you have data please share. over at the NA DMG list. 

SOQ not included.  Some are to small to determine on cart.    As for box i don't track. 

the numbers are as follows for 149 cart only

breakdown as follows

9 display carts

3 "B" variants (cart that have 2 rom updates or Label changes, before a label Rev update)  SML2/ZL/TR (label)

28 "A" variants (cart that have (1 rom or label or both) update before a Rev update)

1 Rev-3 variant

8 Rev-2 variant

100 Rev-1 variant

@ThePhleo(now i have to look into this more.  any one that strike you as easy to spot)

Basically any game released before March 1, 1990 will have a TM SoQ. But if they got reprinted/rereleased on or after March 1990 then they *should* have received an update to an (R) except in any cases that Nintendo either forgot or was just too lazy to do so.

There maybe be some outliers on both ends as well (eg the NES has Track & Field 2 as the last circle SoQ game, which was released about 2 or 3 months after the transition to Oval TM seal)

I don’t have a list of release dates for GB, but I think the amount of games released from September 1989 (GB Launch) to March 1990 shouldnt be too massive.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

I don’t have a list of release dates for GB, but I think the amount of games released from September 1989 (GB Launch) to March 1990 shouldnt be too massive.

GB in that range are

Jun-89    Tetris                Nintendo
Aug-89    Alleyway            Nintendo
Aug-89    Baseball            Nintendo
Aug-89    Super Mario Land        Nintendo
Aug-89    Tennis                Nintendo
Dec-89    Castlevania Adventure, The    Konami
Jan-90    Motocross Maniacs        Ultra Soft
Jan-90    Fortress of Fear: Wizards & Warriors X    Acclaim
Feb-90    Golf                Nintendo
Feb-90    Hyper Lode Runner        Bandai
Feb-90    Boxxle                FCI
Feb-90    Solar Striker            Nintendo
Mar-90    Kwirk                Acclaim
Mar-90    Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle, The    Nintendo
Mar-90    Revenge of the 'Gator        Hal America
Mar-90    Malibu Beach Volleyball        Activision

• Like 1

@ThePhleoyou do bring up some non talked about items. for GB  no the cart some area might be an issue due to size and print qty but out o the 100 i just scanned through 2 showed but they were already id as a variant due to a -1 rev bump or "A" not rev bump.  but will need more to determine if this is a real possibility.  thank you for this TMI 

TM vs R on

a) the nintendo
b) in the Game Boy Pac and Link Pak logo
c) the SOQ
d) the Game Boy down the side.
all new area for validation.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JVOSS said:

@ThePhleoyou do bring up some non talked about items. for GB  no the cart some area might be an issue due to size and print qty but out o the 100 i just scanned through 2 showed but they were already id as a variant due to a -1 rev bump or "A" not rev bump.  but will need more to determine if this is a real possibility.  thank you for this TMI 

TM vs R on

a) the nintendo
b) in the Game Boy Pac and Link Pak logo
c) the SOQ
d) the Game Boy down the side.
all new area for validation.  

Glad I can bring some of the NES variant hell to the Game Boy.

It will all count eventually! Nintendo is like the hotel California. You can check in anytime you like, but you can never leave.

• Haha 2

On 8/4/2021 at 9:04 PM, JVOSS said:

From the topic: My Game Boy PAL List; by @PrimeNL

TMI:

what is PAL:

PAL stand for Phase Alternate Line.  ok so this means what really. This is the video format standard used in many European countries. A PAL picture is made up of 625 interlaced lines and is displayed at a rate of 25 frames per second used to broadcast and display video.

So what dose this have to do with Game Boy Games? not at all, not a bit, not the slightest bit, in no way, to no extent, by no means any, not for a moment.

IMO: If you want to get real then use the proper terms.   NTSC/PAL/SECAM when describeing 8 bit Game Boy Games. 

IMO: you just prove how lazy you are on your data / Information.  or you are just another lemming that is following others over the cliff.

lemmings GIF

I'm sorry that I am just reading this now 😄 As a European citizen I ofcourse know what PAL is and means. But for me "PAL" stands for countries that used the PAL broadcasting system. Among collectors this term "PAL" has grown into a short acronym to determine the region where a game is from. Just like I will use NTSC-J to say it's a Japanse cart. It has nothing to do with the specs/resolutions whatsoever of the game itself. 

So thanks for your TMI but I think you should talk a little bit more to collectors 😄 Sorry if my English doesn't hold up, nofi, I'm not a native English speaker, or writer. 

Edited by PrimeNL

15 hours ago, PrimeNL said:

Among collectors this term "PAL" has grown into a short acronym to determine the region where a game is from

that just goes to prove my point.

IMO: you just prove how lazy collectors are on their data / Information.  or they are just another lemming that is following others over the cliff. 🤔