IGNORED

source on game gear mcwill screen mods?

koifish

Maybe this is the wrong forum, but I've been thinking of modifying a game gear to do a screen replacement with a "mcwill" screen, which it seems is a popular option, but I can't seem to find anyplace actually selling them. All listings are given as out of stock.

Does anyone know where I can buy one of these screen kits?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, koifish said:

Maybe this is the wrong forum, but I've been thinking of modifying a game gear to do a screen replacement with a "mcwill" screen, which it seems is a popular option, but I can't seem to find anyplace actually selling them. All listings are given as out of stock.

Does anyone know where I can buy one of these screen kits?

is this what your looking for:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293941646734

I'm not sure, to be honest. There seems to be a lot of different GG screen mods out there, and I'm not sure what each one is like/what they do. I only know McWill because it gets a lot of good publicity around the net.

I found a store selling the specific model in Ireland, which I believe will do for my needs in the end.

I am curious if anybody knows a resource on the different kinds of Game Gear screen mods out there. It would help me to pick out models for future mod work.

On 7/9/2021 at 9:05 PM, koifish said:

I'm not sure, to be honest. There seems to be a lot of different GG screen mods out there, and I'm not sure what each one is like/what they do. I only know McWill because it gets a lot of good publicity around the net.

I found a store selling the specific model in Ireland, which I believe will do for my needs in the end.

I am curious if anybody knows a resource on the different kinds of Game Gear screen mods out there. It would help me to pick out models for future mod work.

Not sure if this is an acceptable alternative to you, but the Everdrive GBA plays Game Gear games. Could save by getting an original GBA with the backlight screen mod. There’s also rechargeable lithium battery mods for GBA available, which beats Game Gears 6AA batteries 

• 1 month later...