IGNORED

2021 NHL PLayoffs

WhyNotZoidberg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, per where I live, I never really know who to root for.  Sometimes I more or less randomly pick a horse once I start watching.  Mostly I'm just glad if its actually on and I get to see it.

...Maybe I'll root for the team named after the most vicious creatures to ever set skate to ice...     ...the Canadiens.

Edited by PII

On 6/3/2021 at 12:06 PM, a3quit4s said:

The New York Rangers, so clearly I've watched little hockey this year. 

Or last year

Or the year before

I had Lafreniere in my Fantasy League -_-

On 6/4/2021 at 1:26 AM, Dr. Morbis said:

My team got swept out of the first round by the Jets 😞  But I'm casually following the teams that are left though.  I don't know who to cheer for now...

The enemy of your enemy is your friend, so go Habs go?

On 6/5/2021 at 6:11 PM, PII said:

Unfortunately, per where I live, I never really know who to root for.  Sometimes I more or less randomly pick a horse once I start watching.  Mostly I'm just glad if its actually on and I get to see it.

...Maybe I'll root for the team named after the most vicious creatures to ever set skate to ice...     ...the Canadiens.

They are creating quite an upset in the play offs! Go Habs go!

But I don't expect them to get to the finals. I'm from Montreal, but still the Golden Knights and Avalanche are probably better than the Canadiens in every way, except maybe the goalies...but then again Marc-André Fleury (Vegas) is a living legend and a Stanley Cup winner, so it's hard to say.

7 hours ago, WhyNotZoidberg said:

They are creating quite an upset in the play offs! Go Habs go!

But I don't expect them to get to the finals. I'm from Montreal, but still the Golden Knights and Avalanche are probably better than the Canadiens in every way, except maybe the goalies...but then again Marc-André Fleury (Vegas) is a living legend and a Stanley Cup winner, so it's hard to say.

Lol, I swear I didn't even realize that I was preaching to the choir there.  Seriously though, maybe it's their year again - Lucky 28!

We were supposed to have a Pro Hockey team here in a certain town in a certain U.S. State shaped like a glove, had a whole arena built just for it, but word on the street is that a certain Hockey Franchise Owner from a Nearby State somehow  managed to put the Kibosh on it because he didn't want another team encroaching on his turf or something to that effect...

10 hours ago, PII said:

Lol, I swear I didn't even realize that I was preaching to the choir there.  Seriously though, maybe it's their year again - Lucky 28!

We were supposed to have a Pro Hockey team here in a certain town in a certain U.S. State shaped like a glove, had a whole arena built just for it, but word on the street is that a certain Hockey Franchise Owner from a Nearby State somehow  managed to put the Kibosh on it because he didn't want another team encroaching on his turf or something to that effect...

And now Seattle has the team.

So now we have the Montreal Canadiens (WOOO!) vs. the Las Vegas Golden Knights and the New York Islanders vs. the Tampa Bay Lightning.

I can't see the Lightning losing this one, or the finals for that matter, they're 99,9% the same team that won the Cup last year after all.

The Habs, my local favorites, face a difficult challenge here having to play the Golden Knights. Two teams with similar depth and with other worldly goalies. Montreal is a slightly more defensive team and Vegas is a touch more offense-oriented. 

Mtl vs. LV is the most interesting match up in the semi-finals because it's more of a coin flip, opposes two elite Canadian goal tenders one of which is actually a frenchie from the province of Quebec, and also Max Pacioretty was traded from Montreal to Vegas in exchange for the young Nick Suzuki (amongst others) who is a crucial young player for the Habs and he's been showing strong performances in playoff hockey both last year and this year.

Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Administrator · Posted
On 6/7/2021 at 10:56 PM, PII said:

I still remember how close the Pens were to moving to Kansas City in 2007ish.