IGNORED

So I ended up with The Witcher 3 Complete (Switch) anyone have this?

Tanooki

I had a nice trade going elsewhere online that arrived yesterday, part of it was this game.  Been curious about it since I've seen stories for some time how the Switch release was fairly well done and that the game itself was pretty good, better than most in that style of game.

I'm just curious if anyone here has it, played it some, or at least somewhat completion and what the feeling was about the game.  I know it's a big time suck like Breath of the Wild, Skyrim etc would be but if the controls, camera, and the story really work for it I don't think it would be an issue if it keeps one motivated.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's definitely a game with graphical fidelity best enjoyed on more powerful hardware, like PS4. But the Switch port is admirably good. The load times are quick, especially on cartridge. There really aren't any control or camera issues. It's still the good game it always was, just not as great looking. If gameplay is a lot more important to you than graphics, you'll be more than satisfied with the Switch port.

Here's a good comparison video: 

Edited by ifightdragons

Editorials Team · Posted

It's generally considered one of the best games from the last decade.

I haven't played it yet, but Witcher 2 was great and this is supposed to be even better.

Will you like it though?  I dunno, probably not.  I'm sure it has at least one mechanic that sets you off. 😆

Gameplay is key to me.  I'd take audio over eyecandy even.  I have the Switch as it's mobile, if I cared about graphical fidelity I'd be all over using my PC instead, and they do cross-link I read up on with save game data.

You think Witcher will set me off eh?  I'm a GoG user far more than Steam, over the years I got W1 and 2 free, stored them for later but never had the time then usually forget about it until times like this.

Great RPG, one of the best games of the last generation.  Story and quest design is pretty much on another level.  There is a lot of content but most is really worthwhile, side quests aren't just filler, they are easily some of the best missions in the game.  Switch port takes a slight hit on graphics/performance but is still really well done.

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I have no idea.  But probably.  Seems everyone (else) around here has problems with open world games.  When's the last time you've enjoyed one?

Breath of the Wild, had to make myself put it down after 50hours and not keep going after dropping Ganon.  And since then Immortals last year, same situation, dozens of hours (it's bigger) and cleared a bit over 1/2 the game but I needed to move to other stuff but I never hated it or got bothered.

I dislike open world in general, they get really tired and boring with wooden design choices or other tired story stuff such as Skyrim I dumped as it just got bland.  That's why I said I think Witcher has a chance because all I ever hear about is how amazing and enriching the story is having come from the solid series of books and having also built off the two previous games to make a far better experience.  I'd give it 50/50 at worst that I'd probably enjoy it if the story is that awesome and it handles smoother than Skyrim and more closer to BotW/Immortals.

I do have an old version of Witcher3 in my GoG acct, kind of tempted to figure out what I'd need to patch that up to match the Switch release so I can crossplay them with the cloud saves.