IGNORED

Can anyone provide price check (or estimate) on some of my vintage items?

1 hour ago, GPX said:

Congrats to the OP for a fine graded Mario subset!

Though reading through some of the posts here, it makes me freakin sad the hobby has come to this kind of situation. Where the price is dependent on the grading company and not the actual game or its condition.

I agree with this entirely.  As long as a grading company isn't under suspicion or question for shady tactics in their process and final result, this should never happen.  This appears to be thanks really to the collusion between WATA & HA due to their employee cross over payout benefit.  A market of fake value has been propped up on a house of cards of lies that has helped inflate their own brand alone as somehow superior and worth more money, despite perhaps having an identical game graded by 2 companies with the same equivalent grade and really that's just disgusting as it is saddening.

I mean what can we do about it though?  We're not high rollers, and as long as they don't catch wind this one aspect of HA is full of lies and manipulation so they look elsewhere to their graded game needs, everyone loses and no accountability will ever be had.  Perhaps seeing some of these known VGA high ranking games getting evaluated for money then having it jump to HA (or opposite) and seeing if the cash flow changes would be interesting.  I mean it would take someone grading, auctioning, killing the auction, swapping slabs, and doing it again to confirm it which with fees and retractions comes at a loss.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked