IGNORED

Nintendo 64 console packed as new picture - along with other nes consoles

Goodvibes

Does anyone have pictures of Nintendo 64, the normal launch console as it was packaged brand new? The way the items were packed and in what bags with twist ties and all?

Also looking for any nes, snes, gamecube, wii and Wii U pictures that anyone can contribute.

I need ps1 and ps2 launch consoles and colecovision as well.

I’m trying to pack my old childhood consoles up and want to make sure they’re as close as I can get them for myself.

Thanks to any and all help.

Edited by Goodvibes

• The title was changed to Nintendo 64 console packed as new picture - along with other nes consoles
  • 1 month later...
On 4/25/2022 at 8:28 PM, dogbowl said:

And a few more pictures of the contents. That's a very short twist tie in the picture that goes with the smaller baggie for the controller plug

PXL_20220426_001437499.jpg

PXL_20220426_001801644.jpg

Awesome, thanks a bunch! I was close but need to adjust how I have the power plug wires, not sure I have that extra little controller cable bag either.

9 hours ago, dogbowl said:

Found it. They sold it to me a few days before the launch date - that was a great weekend with SM64.

and also, apparently they printed your CC number on receipts back then!  :0 

16511161268008214269972020296423.jpg

Oh man, I bought one launch day, but from Wal-Mart.  I went right after school, and I bought S64 too!  This brings back some great memories.

9 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Can anyone else smell these photos?

Yes!  I LOVED my N64.  I'd take it over to a friends house.  He laughed at me because I always boxed it up when I brought it over, and unpacked it when I got back.  I think I'd even slip the system in the baggie and maybe the controller too.  I was such a dork.

Dork, maybe...but it also showed a high level of care despite the age group.  I didn't go that extreme, but I also didn't carry my systems to others places, ever, games very very rarely.  I treated the stuff too well, looked like new for years and years.  It's why some stuff I never did get forced into letting go of 25-35 years on now unless that plastic discoloration crept in looks fresh still.

I was not lucky enough to score that console until it got discounted back then but this still might be my most favorite console and fondest memories from the good old days.

Before I was able to buy it my dad rented the console once or twice from blockbuster with the big briefcase and I picked sm64 and Star Wars as my rentals. Big reason why I felt compelled to get my hands on one of those blockbuster n64 console cases and stashed a console and all the fixin’s in there to remember some of those great memories.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Goodvibes said:

I was not lucky enough to score that console until it got discounted back then but this still might be my most favorite console and fondest memories from the good old days.

Before I was able to buy it my dad rented the console once or twice from blockbuster with the big briefcase and I picked sm64 and Star Wars as my rentals. Big reason why I felt compelled to get my hands on one of those blockbuster n64 console cases and stashed a console and all the fixin’s in there to remember some of those great memories.

I get that, my path was the opposite.  I was out of high school at that rate and I could afford to pre-sign up on a list to get one day one, and I did, just with mario.  I had enjoyed the kiosks for months at places, even trying a few JP titles early one at this local shop that cratered within a few years that got in imports (I played Goemon months before it was translated.)  It was nuts having a system out with just 2 games, and then more trickling out until it normalized in 1997.  Thankfully I could go from Mario, Wave Race, then into Shadows and Crusin those first few months.  It may seem strange to us how stuff is now, but you really could appreciate having little to use, gave far more time to focus on what you had and really get the value out of those $50 carts.   Mario kart, Turok and Blast Corps came after.  Starfox and Goldeneye after that rolled into late summer 97.  It was a good time to have a N64.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I get that, my path was the opposite.  I was out of high school at that rate and I could afford to pre-sign up on a list to get one day one, and I did, just with mario.  I had enjoyed the kiosks for months at places, even trying a few JP titles early one at this local shop that cratered within a few years that got in imports (I played Goemon months before it was translated.)  It was nuts having a system out with just 2 games, and then more trickling out until it normalized in 1997.  Thankfully I could go from Mario, Wave Race, then into Shadows and Crusin those first few months.  It may seem strange to us how stuff is now, but you really could appreciate having little to use, gave far more time to focus on what you had and really get the value out of those $50 carts.   Mario kart, Turok and Blast Corps came after.  Starfox and Goldeneye after that rolled into late summer 97.  It was a good time to have a N64.

Yeah for me I was only 12 so I had to save up birthday and holiday money to buy one. Those kiosks were the best. I pretty much bought all those games you mentioned as a kid once I had the systems lol. Only one I still need to get for my collection is a shadows of the empire, it was the only one I would rent and never bought.

11 hours ago, Goodvibes said:

Yeah for me I was only 12 so I had to save up birthday and holiday money to buy one. Those kiosks were the best. I pretty much bought all those games you mentioned as a kid once I had the systems lol. Only one I still need to get for my collection is a shadows of the empire, it was the only one I would rent and never bought.

Makes sense, the other titles in that first 6mo or so were either kind of an acquired taste or you really had to be in love with 3D fighting games at the time because it had enough of them.  The memories I have largely was when TRU then others got the Sm64 kiosk, I'd grab onto that anytime a spot was empty with low traffic to get a little time in.  Later the other one memory I told you, Goemon 64 getting access to that like 4mo before it hit the US which was a blast.

29 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Makes sense, the other titles in that first 6mo or so were either kind of an acquired taste or you really had to be in love with 3D fighting games at the time because it had enough of them.  The memories I have largely was when TRU then others got the Sm64 kiosk, I'd grab onto that anytime a spot was empty with low traffic to get a little time in.  Later the other one memory I told you, Goemon 64 getting access to that like 4mo before it hit the US which was a blast.

TRU reminds me, Ocarina of time was the first game I had the ability to preorder and I did so through TRU. I reserved the collector edition and got that little package of figures as a bonus on release. I found the package of figures unopened a few years ago and can’t seem to find them now so I definitely want to find them again.

I never much got into those things, I kind of liked just going in and buying things so short of losing out on a console launch I didn't get many bonuses.  I do remember that set though.  Thing is this conversation is reminding me I got a game or two eating at me I really need to get back in my possession, namely the bigger one being goemons great adventure.

20 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I never much got into those things, I kind of liked just going in and buying things so short of losing out on a console launch I didn't get many bonuses.  I do remember that set though.  Thing is this conversation is reminding me I got a game or two eating at me I really need to get back in my possession, namely the bigger one being goemons great adventure.

Same, I don’t think I preordered any other games just ocarina of time. Goemons is one I don’t have either, pricey these days.

I pre-ordered Ocarina of Time and I think that was the first time ever doing that for me as well. Largely I did it because they promised 'extras' which, naturally, I still have.

This is what the pre-order from EB games got you in '98. (The t-shirt is aging poorly!)

16513761808822704902117938875229.jpg

Edited by dogbowl
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Like this?

IMG_20210122_183433 (1).jpg

Yes, thanks for checking. The ones I have in my pre deluxe as 1986 which doesn’t make sense based on the serial being 38,xxx along with the guys story which seemed correct and he lived not all that far from me, about 45 minutes and I live where the pre deludes were released.

Just seems odd to me that the original owner would go through the trouble putting 1986 stuff in the box to sell it when everything else was original.

21 hours ago, dogbowl said:

I pre-ordered Ocarina of Time and I think that was the first time ever doing that for me as well. Largely I did it because they promised 'extras' which, naturally, I still have.

This is what the pre-order from EB games got you in '98. (The t-shirt is aging poorly!)

16513761808822704902117938875229.jpg

Those are awesome, I wish I had kept receipts and such as a kid but don’t think I ever did. TRU didn’t have any of those other bonuses as best I can remember.

The oldest that I have from something I personally purchased is the receipt for Metroid (NES).

I was collecting Atari pretty hard in the 90's and I knew that eventually the current consoles would be collectable. -- I held onto everything!

11 hours ago, dogbowl said:

The oldest that I have from something I personally purchased is the receipt for Metroid (NES).

I was collecting Atari pretty hard in the 90's and I knew that eventually the current consoles would be collectable. -- I held onto everything!

Oh nice, that’s a pretty sweet game to have an original receipt for.