IGNORED

Fake/reproduction ChronoTrigger label?

I'm looking at a very high priced complete copy of ChronoTrigger, and while I'm not ready to buy it I keep looking at the listing since its in such nice shape. I was going through photos of the cart though and spotted this:

Image 9 - Chrono-Trigger-Super-Nintendo-1995-AUTHENTIC-CIB-TESTED-NICE

Specifically, the M/SNS-ACTE-USA MADE IN MEXICO  print. Its pushed right up against the left edge and I haven't seen that before. I have noticed the Made in Mexico labels sometimes look different than others though so I was wondering if somebody more seasoned in SNES collecting has seen this before in a valid label, or if this is a good indicator of a reproduction label? 

I don't think it's fake, it looks very right, I've been comparing a lot of images and stuff.  It looks like it was badly cut off center as all of it is shifted evenly top to bottom left to right a bit to the left.  Size, color, print quality, all seem right, just shifted left.

It is very hard to fake the wear I see in the pic.

The front bend has cracks and there is usually a gradient of light wear/fading starting at the top from sitting on a rack or shelf.

Also (pics below), the ratio between the image boundaries shifted on the label and the total width of the label closely matches up:

Image 1: small red : big red is .035

Image 2: small green (added together): big red is .032

Edited by DrMario

4 hours ago, DrMario said:

It is very hard to fake the wear I see in the pic.

The front bend has cracks and there is usually a gradient of light wear/fading starting at the top from sitting on a rack or shelf.

Also (pics below), the ratio between the image boundaries shifted on the label and the total width of the label closely matches up:

Image 1: small red : big red is .035

Image 2: small green (added together): big red is .032

Also, your calculations may be off since the second picture has some fisheye lensing going on. I bet if you opened up the lens correction tool in photoshop you'd get even more precise results.

4 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Also, your calculations may be off since the second picture has some fisheye lensing going on. I bet if you opened up the lens correction tool in photoshop you'd get even more precise results.

Excellent point! I'll have to try the same assessment in photoshop and get better at it.