IGNORED

Looks like the eBay Bucks program is more or less about to be killed off.

RH

Well people said that one about amazon, and look where they are being their own courier service for their products and in such a relative short time.

I'm not trying to minimize or say it would be easy, but the right billionaire I think could crush them through competition alone.  Normally I'd say no chance and agree entirely with you, but when these assholes can't deliver a package more than a few hundred miles away in under 7-10 days, where you could have driven there and back within like 6 hours, they're asking for it.  Plenty of people are furious and I think given the option, if someone did scoop that fleet up, and setup a mail chain (like amazon did... hell maybe they could?!) the USPS would be sunk and the US would be better without them.

Maybe another incentive would be to hire the postal workers at an equal or better pay grade with an incentive package not bloated down with gov't pork and union shenanigans.

Amazon had the advantage of leadership willing to throw tons of money at anything to see what would stick, and wasn't afraid of operating at a loss for the first ten years or so as long as the growth was there.

You'd have to have a billionaire who was out of fucks to give and had whatever grudge against eBay to take them on. Short of that, I don't see anyone going anywhere else for used knickknacks.

Edited by Tulpa