IGNORED

5 Screw Gotcha question

Falleninglass

The one that sold on Ebay today with the box n stuff doesn't look like mine if I'm not mistaken...the back plate on the one that sold today has a rev-a back sticker and the chips are not as old either...I'm not saying it's a fake...I'm simply saying it doesn't really match up "timeline wise" is all...so someone else with more knowledge then me can make that call 😁

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Hollywoodcaddy said:

The one that sold on Ebay today with the box n stuff doesn't look like mine if I'm not mistaken...the back plate on the one that sold today has a rev-a back sticker and the chips are not as old either...I'm not saying it's a fake...I'm simply saying it doesn't really match up "timeline wise" is all...so someone else with more knowledge then me can make that call 😁

So the back of yours doesn’t have rev-a?

16 hours ago, Falleninglass said:

So the back of yours doesn’t have rev-a?

I dont have the box...just the cart...have no clue what the box should look like...but what I'm saying is that the one that sold a day ago doesn't fit the timeline of the 5 to 3 screw change over really....the back plate and the date codes...I'm not saying that game is fake...I'm simply saying it doesn't really match up with things quite right...the box is whatever...you can put an orange bullet tyson 5 screw in the correct looking box...it doesn't really mean much unless it's a factory sealed box tho....you can do the same for a jaws or the gotcha...the box is kind of irrelevant in this case...that 5 screw gotcha that just sold jas a rev-a backplate and chips with 1988 dates....why though...I have two copies of gotcha 3 screws right now that dont have a rev-a back plate and earlier chip dates...see what I'm saying...in a perfect world a 5 screw game should have earlier chip dates then a 3 screw game...I DONT WANT TO GET INTO ALL THE ARGUING GUYS SO CALM DOWN HAHA....THATS WHY I SAID IN A PERFECT WORLD HAHA... but you see what I'm saying...a jaws 5 screw should not have a rev-a back plate with 1988 chips...😁😁😁

1 minute ago, Hollywoodcaddy said:

I dont have the box...just the cart...have no clue what the box should look like...but what I'm saying is that the one that sold a day ago doesn't fit the timeline of the 5 to 3 screw change over really....the back plate and the date codes...I'm not saying that game is fake...I'm simply saying it doesn't really match up with things quite right...the box is whatever...you can put an orange bullet tyson 5 screw in the correct looking box...it doesn't really mean much unless it's a factory sealed box tho....you can do the same for a jaws or the gotcha...the box is kind of irrelevant in this case...that 5 screw gotcha that just sold jas a rev-a backplate and chips with 1988 dates....why though...I have two copies of gotcha 3 screws right now that dont have a rev-a back plate and earlier chip dates...see what I'm saying...in a perfect world a 5 screw game should have earlier chip dates then a 3 screw game...I DONT WANT TO GET INTO ALL THE ARGUING GUYS SO CALM DOWN HAHA....THATS WHY I SAID IN A PERFECT WORLD HAHA... but you see what I'm saying...a jaws 5 screw should not have a rev-a back plate with 1988 chips...😁😁😁 

Just like a gotcha 5 screw shouldn't either 😁😁😁

15 minutes ago, Hollywoodcaddy said:

Didn’t mean to come off as if I was arguing. Truly just wanted more info. Thought I saw an earlier comment saying because mine didn’t say rev-a it meant it was faked. I was asking about your cart not box. Was asking if it said rev-a or not. I get thats not the end all be all since like you said a back can be swapped. Were you ever able to see what your date code was on your 5 screw gotcha?

3 hours ago, Falleninglass said:

Didn’t mean to come off as if I was arguing. Truly just wanted more info. Thought I saw an earlier comment saying because mine didn’t say rev-a it meant it was faked. I was asking about your cart not box. Was asking if it said rev-a or not. I get thats not the end all be all since like you said a back can be swapped. Were you ever able to see what your date code was on your 5 screw gotcha?

Oh no you didnt come off as arguing at all...most of that was for anyone else that was gonna comment on what I said too is all haha...let me take a ganders here at this....Gotcha 5 screw...O7 stamp and no "A" stamp on the back plate...8743A on the little chip...the O7 stamp is a fat O not a skinny 0...dont know if that makes a difference haha....I've had it since the mid-late 90's back before anyone really knew there were rare games so I'm not worried that it's ever been tampered with...Its not in super great condition or anything...just average...kids back then treated games like shit haha...

On 2/26/2021 at 12:39 AM, Hollywoodcaddy said:

I gave bad info on the ebay one. The PRG chip does have the 8746 date code. As far as the other chips, I wouldnt know if those are date codes or not but it makes sense that they would be. 

10 minutes ago, Falleninglass said:

I gave bad info on the ebay one. The PRG chip does have the 8746 date code. As far as the other chips, I wouldnt know if those are date codes or not but it makes sense that they would be. 

Its cool... I'm not the judge around these parts haha...whether yours is real or not isn't up to me haha...I like that you spotted it and jumped on it...I've done it dozens of times and one of these times its bound to pay off 😁😁😁