IGNORED

I ordered a "Final Fantasy V" cart from Oregon USA and paid exactly $30 Canadian, Timewalk Games!

Joyomofrobro

5 hours ago, BortLicensePlate said:

My memory is a bit foggy on it but I believe they sold all the unreleased FFs in one package. So FF2 FF3 and FF5, I think

I looked into it since doing the reaction.  There was a set of 6 games they did, the entire Nintendo series of releases.  You got a new box, poster(s) with world maps and custom art on the reverse, cardboard tray, sleeves(NES), and a new sticker and firmly white painted repurposed old snes/nes cart shell to hold the games.  Good the buyer got that, my only concern would be to open t and check it out.  Timewalk wasn't known for using new parts, they'd to slap dash soldering bypass work with chips.  I mean the solder should hold with care, but couldn't hurt to take a peek.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I don't think I've ever seen that before.  And 'ages collection?' what's that about.

I see a complete Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy VI on Ebay by Timewalk Games right now. Just like but no one seems to have part V which is the best in my opinion because it never seen any release in North America besides the GBA and PS1. Final Fantasy IV and VI were II & III here in North America, FFV is totally cool to own because it requires no loading and most of all its the original other than it being a reproduction. GBA had changes for quality and PS1 the loading kills. I always wondered if there was a way to get the whole Ages Collection it slipped my know about too. Paid great on this FFV I'd say!

FFV.Joe!.SNES.jpg

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Timewalk wasn't known for using new parts, they'd to slap dash soldering bypass work with chips.  I mean the solder should hold with care, but couldn't hurt to take a peek.

"Took a peek its a put together that's why I like RetroUSB the most. Maybe are other companies I don't know about still new part creations. I want a RetroZone 'Final Fantasy V' if it exists!"

Edited by Joyomofrobro

I'd agree about Final Fantasy V, it has that unique value as it was the black sheep we got hosed out of unfortunately.  I have a special care for it, my friend (then at the time) was the guy who did the first full translation of FFV and I helped out with the testing on that cart and other light duties back in the mid 90s.  I would suck at it now, long forgetting things, but I beat that game enough back then having to check every little thing as others did too to help get that out.

@Joyomofrobro Oh well, hey, at least it's an original bypass setup that works and has held up well for over like a decade now so that's something.  I do agree at least RetroUSB did it the right way, pioneers on that really.  But now unless you get some one just being cheap or artsy, you'll find those homebrew, new games, etc now are all using new parts.  Khan here who did the Leisure Suit Larry 1 port has all new parts in there too as an example.

• Like 1