IGNORED

Console By Genre Debate #5: Which is the Best Console for Playing First Person Shooters From the 4th Generation?

SilverspoonGaming

List of 4th Generation Video Game Consoles  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Console By Genre Debate #5: Which is the Best Console for Playing First Person Shooters From the 4th Generation?

• Phillips CDI
    • Turbografx-16
    • Sega Genesis/CD/32X
    • Super Nintendo
    • Neo Geo/CD
    • Pioneer Laseractive

22 hours ago, Sumez said:

Uhm...

Neither? 🤔

I think any FPS you can theoretically play on any of those platforms would mean doing that game a disservice.

Exactly. If someone in that time told me they like FPS games and are not sure which console to buy, I'd scratch my head and ask why they don't buy a pc.

If we're talking about games like Super Noah's Ark 3-D and Catechumen, calling anything "best" is an incredibly relativistic and desperate statement. It's rather like saying which is "best" between sloth excrement and orangutan droppings. It's going to require some serious qualification in any event.

I think Wolf 3D and Doom for SNES and Zero Tolerance and Doom for the Genesis/32x are really the only ones you can even consider FPS games by your standards.  So I think the poll is really kind of pointless.  There just isn't enough there to consider.