IGNORED

Post Office Woes

fcgamer

I'm seriously getting pissed off with the international mail situation due to Covid-19. Aside from one parcel that I received from a guy from Turkey a few weeks back, I have about five or six parcels gone AWOL due to the virus. One was ordered using a proxy service, the rest were from members in the community who I trust 100%, so I don't think that anyone is trying to scam me, aside from perhaps the post office itself.

Interestingly enough, the results in reverse have been stunning. Although I'm limited to where I can send parcels at the moment, everything I send out to others has been arriving, full stop. No issues at all...

As some of the stuff I bought was extremely rare, or in the case of homebrew stuff, limited, I really hope I do eventually receive it, though with each passing week I feel less and less optimistic, guessing that due to whatever huge backlog of mail the postal services have, eventually they might just start destroying some uninsured packages and move on.

Anyways, yesterday I was checking up on some orders, and saw that the RC2Rally flash cart for Famicom had allegedly arrived in Taiwan and been marked as "delivered". The last event to occur was for the parcel to arrive at a post office near my work.

I had the package sent to my work address, I've done that before when using Shopee or AliExpress to no problem. I inquired yesterday to the secretary at my work, she claims no one had received the parcel.

I'm going to go and inquire at that post office tomorrow or Tuesday, as the tracking data ended with the game being "delivered", yet the final event marked it as showing up at that post office, rather than actually being delivered to my job.

So I'm not sure if someone at my work stole the package, if it's lying around in a dusty corner, if the post office has been sitting on it, or what.  And that's just one package that actually seems to have made it somewhere in the ballpark of where it was supposed to be.

The package sent by surface mail at the end of February, right before covid-19 kicked off, as part of a trade...the other guy received his half from me, I'm still waiting and feel sick that said cart may be lost forever 😢

Edited by fcgamer
  • Sad 1

I'm not sure if it's the same where you are as where I am, but I've tracked a lot of packages lately - and for the first time ever - have had several show up as 'Delivered' in tracking days before it was actually delivered to me.  

My guess is that there is some maniacal system in place..... For numbers?? Profit??? Inflicting chaos????....

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Soma said:

I'm not sure if it's the same where you are as where I am, but I've tracked a lot of packages lately - and for the first time ever - have had several show up as 'Delivered' in tracking days before it was actually delivered to me.  

My guess is that there is some maniacal system in place..... For numbers?? Profit??? Inflicting chaos????....

That makes me feel better, thanks. Any take about three weeks after the delivery date though? On this particular item, it was only about $30, and seems to still be available, so I can just reorder another and see if I can find someone in Japan to hold it for me until things settle, in a worse case scenario, but as a whole I think it's getting a bit ridiculous. 

I'm trying to be overly patient given the situation, but I've only had maybe two parcels lost in the mail, ever, yet this whole year so many have been AWOL, understandably but still. I don't care if I receive them ten months later, living abroad I just order and forget, until it arrives, but I just hope these will arrive at some point.

The same is happening here. I had an item from Amazon say delivered and the tracking said it was in a suburb about an hour away. Amazon gave me a full refund then three weeks later it showed up.

Also I am just now receiving orders I placed about two months ago and some I’m still waiting on.

I think it’s just the system is so overwhelmed and flights are cut which adds to the delays. 

Ohhh boy, has covid made shipping fun. I've always been able to use a partner service from work to ship my parcels abroad to USAwith USPS or fedex for great rates, the package loss and delays has been so bad they just said fuck it and paused it for 2M. Thank god none of my parcels have been lost despite shipping ~15 packages to USA, but I always worry, I shipped a limited release day Diablo candle and I swaddled it in packing peanuts and fragile stickers like a prayer.

I've had a singaporean's package sit @ their entry port for a month!  I've had to send packages from Slovakia to UK and then to Australia as australian shipping has fully stopped and I have a bunch of customers there. Hilarious and annoying at the same time. Thank god for my boyfriend willing to help me lol, I miss him to bits as well.

I've had mixed luck as well.  Some foreign items have been arriving sooner than expected, some have taken three months or more.  It's a total crapshoot.  I've also got a couple packages out there somewhere that I ordered in July, so it's not just you.  On the other hand, an item I ordered from Japan one week ago, showed up in my mail box on Friday.  Go figure...