IGNORED

PayPal weird address! Spooky hacker?! T_T

OptOut

Hey fellow dudes, dudettes, and gender non-conforming dudexes!

So something really creepy happened to me yesterday as I was completing a payment on PayPal. Basically, I was paying an invoice and when it comes to the point that you choose your shipping address, in my list of addresses I saw one that I had never sent to before, and is seemingly completely unrelated to me!!! 😨😱😭

I have no unusual transactions in either my PayPal or Ebay accounts, stretching back 3 plus years, and I haven't noticed any strange activity on my personal accounts. Also, I know that the address WASN'T added to PayPal itself, so maybe this is someone hacking my Ebay account? Either way, I have changed all the passwords on my accounts just to be sure.

The address had my name, but it was somewhere in Arizona... Any of you guys in here from Arizona??? QUIT IT OKAY!!! 😤 NO MORE HACK ME PLZ. 😡

Anyone else seen anything strange like this going on?

15 hours ago, OptOut said:

Hey fellow dudes, dudettes, and gender non-conforming dudexes!

So something really creepy happened to me yesterday as I was completing a payment on PayPal. Basically, I was paying an invoice and when it comes to the point that you choose your shipping address, in my list of addresses I saw one that I had never sent to before, and is seemingly completely unrelated to me!!! 😨😱😭

I have no unusual transactions in either my PayPal or Ebay accounts, stretching back 3 plus years, and I haven't noticed any strange activity on my personal accounts. Also, I know that the address WASN'T added to PayPal itself, so maybe this is someone hacking my Ebay account? Either way, I have changed all the passwords on my accounts just to be sure.

The address had my name, but it was somewhere in Arizona... Any of you guys in here from Arizona??? QUIT IT OKAY!!! 😤 NO MORE HACK ME PLZ. 😡

Anyone else seen anything strange like this going on?

Did you ever buy and have something drop shipped to a US address here for shipping to you later?   We had a few NA members in Arizona.

6 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Did you ever buy and have something drop shipped to a US address here for shipping to you later?   We had a few NA members in Arizona.

I did, but not to anyone in Arizona, I'm pretty sure of that!

All my shit is locked down with two step authentication now, going nuclear on their hacker asses!

You'd have certainly probably (hopefully) noticed any weird transactions on your Paypal or otherwise. Double check anything your Paypal is linked to, i.e. Patreon or Amazon, etc. or even email(s) associated. If you bought an item elsewhere, used Paypal to pay then had it shipped someplace else that might be some weird carry over.

Check IP logs if possible via your Paypal and/or linked accounts to check for unusual activity.

Be worth filing a support ticket to Paypal to be on the safe side, they might be able to offer more information. Though if you changed your password then enabled 2FA you should be fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1