IGNORED

Newbie collector - TLoU 2013 question

I am looking into getting the last of us game, but I see (2013) in several listings. I want to know how I can tell how to spot a 2013 vs others, and if that matters in terms of value. I know greatest hits and other versions exist, but I’d like to start with this game for my collection and want to know this. Thanks.

For anything modern, Youtube unboxings are the best. Just look for a Youtube unboxing from around the game's release date to check the variants. You can use Google search tools to set a date limit.

fWkOrtA.png

I don't know anything about TLOU variants but looking up some yoko on Youtube, I can tell that all the VGA graded copies on Ebay currently are the worthless NIB copies available by the caseload because the original release had a different ESRB frame. There could be other variants too, this is just one particular thing that jumped out at me. Collecting modern games is so easy because people put the most mundane things on Youtube, but hard in that no one has documented or cares about this stuff.

84N4yVj.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

For anything modern, Youtube unboxings are the best. Just look for a Youtube unboxing from around the game's release date to check the variants. You can use Google search tools to set a date limit.

fWkOrtA.png

I don't know anything about TLOU variants but looking up some yoko on Youtube, I can tell that all the VGA graded copies on Ebay currently are the worthless NIB copies available by the caseload because the original release had a different ESRB frame. There could be other variants too, this is just one particular thing that jumped out at me. Collecting modern games is so easy because people put the most mundane things on Youtube, but hard in that no one has documented or cares about this stuff.

Of course, in 20 years some nostalgic 30-40 year-olds will be scouring the internet in hopes of building the most complete PS3 database in existence. Will it be easier than our current adventures in retro archiving because the internet existed during release years? Or more difficult because of the addition of online components, DLC, and endless revisions? All I know is that I will not be participating.

On 8/27/2020 at 2:41 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Of course, in 20 years some nostalgic 30-40 year-olds will be scouring the internet in hopes of building the most complete PS3 database in existence. Will it be easier than our current adventures in retro archiving because the internet existed during release years? Or more difficult because of the addition of online components, DLC, and endless revisions? All I know is that I will not be participating.

I won't be participating either, but bet it will be a LOT easier.