IGNORED

Backyard Baseball 2007 for Gamecube

Is anyone else perplexed by the massive price spike on this? CIB, this game sold  consistently for $10-$20 for well over a decade leading up to this spring. A copy on eBay randomly sold for $70, the next sold for $200, and now the game has been consistently selling for between $90-$150 ever since.

I can't find any organic causes of this spike. Am I missing something?

Backyard Baseball is a really nostalgic title. It's not just your ordinary kiddie shovelware.

I remember being "too old" to play it when I was a teen because I was only into HARDCORE games for REAL GAMERS on the PS2, but my kid brothers loved it and it had players like Sammy Sosa, Barry Bonds, Derek Jeter, Mike Piazza, etc. as younger selves.

2 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Backyard Baseball is a really nostalgic title. It's not just your ordinary kiddie shovelware.

I remember being "too old" to play it when I was a teen because I was only into HARDCORE games for REAL GAMERS on the PS2, but my kid brothers loved it and it had players like Sammy Sosa, Barry Bonds, Derek Jeter, Mike Piazza, etc. as younger selves.

Yep, this. It’s likely those kids are now nostalgic buying.

On 6/29/2020 at 9:36 AM, dannygames said:

Is anyone else perplexed by the massive price spike on this? CIB, this game sold  consistently for $10-$20 for well over a decade leading up to this spring. A copy on eBay randomly sold for $70, the next sold for $200, and now the game has been consistently selling for between $90-$150 ever since.

I can't find any organic causes of this spike. Am I missing something?

Pre covid this was a harder to find title and got mixed up with the regular backyard baseball. Now that everyone knows they happen to all pop up.

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/gamecube/backyard-baseball-2007

Look how many sold prior to March 2020 and how many after

Edited by Mr. CIB

The Backyard Baseball 2007 thing is dumb. Yes it might be less common than Backyard Baseball but review wise it’s worse. 

What’s really dumb though is this new wave of collectors. I’ve decided all these price spikes boil down to sheer stupidity. They see a game go from $20 to $200 in a couple of eBay sales and they suddenly start fomo‘ing like crazy. Same thing happened with Mario Party 9. It’s the worst of the console Mario Party games. No one cared about it before this year. But now that the average has jumped from $20 to $40 people are snapping it up. Just dumb. 

15 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Same thing happened with Mario Party 9. It’s the worst of the console Mario Party games. No one cared about it before this year.

Mario party 9 is an abomination and my only hope is those people who are buying these are destroying them as well. Same goes for MP10. What horrible game mechanics. 

Luckily Nintendo figured out that players actually like to play mini games. Go figure. 

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
  • Like 1