IGNORED

Overpricing Wave

Edgarmcfly

On 6/17/2020 at 7:26 PM, jonebone said:

What's sad about this?  If you wanted the games you should have bought them in the past?  You either adjust to the new prices or move along.  Things have been very hot lately and you either handle the heat or get out of the kitchen. 

Exactly I got turned off by the stupidity some years back and just invested in flash kits.  Not a total quit, but unless I find a more palatable price where it doesn't feel like the screws are being turned I just mentally or physically walk away as it's not worth feeding a troll.

10 hours ago, Edgarmcfly said:

So, do you think is a good moment to sell some games?

I thinking in sell some Pokemon CIB Games, But at the same time I don't want to, because I don't want to take advantage

I feel pretty much the same way.  I didn't stop selling my stuff from my game etc closet of things to go, but what I did instead was not to be another one of those types either.  I parked my ebay account last February to take a break for a few weeks then the virus crept into play and it wasn't until late April I decided to re-post stuff.  I didn't raise rates, on a few things, I even lowered them ever so slightly.  I had more sales on stuff in those couple of weeks in value and total picked up than I'd normally see in a 4 month window since I'm just not aggressive about it.  I just did another sale again last week on there, similar results selling over a dozen items.  I'm not going to tell you what to do, but given the value those games already had in the first place maybe do the same or just don't bother at all and wait for them to fall back.  It's your stuff, do whatever suits you best.

Oh and also off your first post I just realized something with that Pokemon Red.  That jump was nasty across the baord. A year ago a goodwill got a sealed very nice shape red in and wanted a $100, I didn't like it, but had it in paypal and snapped it up.  I didn't realize at the time it had like a $400-500 value and pre virus it had gone up a bit more.  Now I'm seeing from that bit more it went up another $1000, that's asinine!  Even then I still won't pull that off my wall as it's in a shadowbox as i love the art and it was my first pokemon game too.

Edited by Tanooki

Editorials Team · Posted

Buy low sell high.  I've moved $1,700 dollars in blu rays in the last month off this same madness.  Got thousands more sitting at my desk for whenever I get around to listing everything.

Very tempted to move some high end games too, but so far I've resisted the temptation.

• Wow! 1

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, guitarzombie said:

Why did you buy it in the first place?  To sell or to collect?  

I personally have not sold anything i wanted to own.  With that said, I don't see these prices lasting, but could take a while to come down.

I buy a game I want for $30.  Suddenly I can sell it for $100.  So I ask myself "would I have paid $90 for this?"

If the answer is no, away it goes.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
On 6/16/2020 at 10:27 AM, Gloves said:

Or maybe these games have been historically undervalued. 

There's really no over or under value when it comes to the second hand market. Things simply go up and down. 

I agree, but will say things are especially volatile right now.  Look at Silent Hill 2.  A greatest hits game that also got HD reissues on multiple consoles.

image.thumb.png.e0a6ba20b5f038296e79f3e75390e8dc.png

3 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I buy a game I want for $30.  Suddenly I can sell it for $100.  So I ask myself "would I have paid $90 for this?"

If the answer is no, away it goes.

See I dont think of it like that.  I always bought to OWN.  Almost all my games went up in value, even some I don't really care for THAT much.  But not enough for me to sell.  Even if I did it would be a handful.  Its what helped keep my collection small.  I never wanted to go overboard with all different titles id have no room for.  Then i'm buying just to buy.  I personally stopped buying games 2 years ago.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I agree, but will say things are especially volatile right now.  Look at Silent Hill 2.  A greatest hits game that also got HD reissues on multiple consoles.

To be fair, the HD remasters sucked pretty hard. The PS2 is still the BEST way to experience Silent Hill 2.

That said, I have a copy for sale if anyone is interested. >_>

• Like 1

Just now, Reed Rothchild said:

silent hill 2 has always been a popular title and hung around $20-$30 anyway... i mean since forever and ps2 games were dirt cheap for years. it just needed the slightest push..

^ Super understandable @guitarzombie.  My collection could definitely be called "bloated."  So when I see what I can get for something I found in the wild like Go! Go! Hypergrind, I sell sell sell.

I never had a lot of room to begin with, so I really went with 'quality' vs 'quantity'. For NES I have almost all the big rares and im happy with that, same with gameboy.  I have about 250 GB and 250 NES, and a handful of others.  Every game I bought I made sure I wanted for some reason, once that list was gone, it was just up to if I found it in person for a good price, and if not I could live with out it.  I always found it easier to pay $350 for Power Blade 2, than $3 for Taboo the 6th sense haha

God, I can't even with you people!

go play your precious.... and by my word at least have the respect to call it a "Super Nintendo"!!! how does anyone who says "snez" look in the mirror without just fucking hurling all over the sink?....its pathetic. nintendo fanboys slurping super nintendo without a knowledge of how awesome the machine is... no respect. i wish i could enjoy my super nintendo but everytime i get the itch to play something from some prime time childhood gaming memories. i cant help but think of the lowlifes that call themselves super nintendo fans just pissing all over what the big N gave us in the super nintendo by just spiting on its name.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1