IGNORED

Earthbound Prototype ROM Release

Archon I think I've said something like this before elsewhere, but what you do with this stuff is so the right thing to do for the community at large but also for historical archiving and appreciation of the art that is gaming.  A saint within this community which is few and far between.  You share, you don't lord it over others so people can enjoy the experience as well.

...now get cracking on finding Dragon Hopper for Virtual Boy, we know it's done, and presumably lost. 😉

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Archon I think I've said something like this before elsewhere, but what you do with this stuff is so the right thing to do for the community at large but also for historical archiving and appreciation of the art that is gaming.  A saint within this community which is few and far between.  You share, you don't lord it over others so people can enjoy the experience as well.

...now get cracking on finding Dragon Hopper for Virtual Boy, we know it's done, and presumably lost. 😉

18 hours ago, Doctornick said:

That's amazing, thank you for sharing with all of us!

On 5/31/2020 at 4:57 AM, ThePhleo said:

Awesome work as usual Archon.

Im not kidding when I say I want to be like you when I grow up 🙂

All very kind words. Thank you. 

I feel very fortunate to be able to be in the position to be able to do things like this.

• Like 1

No problem.  And you know I've been thinking about the totally complete lost to time gems of the period and something came to mind as I've been reading up on a few old loves of gaming and it hit me.  I got a challenge for you if you're curious. 😉

Wing Commander II Revenge of the Kilrathi for the Super Famicom/Super Nintendo.  The game was entirely completed and ready to go, english no less, submitted to the Japanese company PONY canyon, but for some mystery was scrapped from production and not released.  Supposedly the completed copy was it they had their hands on and it's gone up in vapor.  I'd love to know the history of that one more than what WCnews (wing commander news (website)) has on it.  It would be a truly amazing score because unlike WC1 which was broken into 2 carts with a password, this one was supposedly intact, expansions and all, even speech pack and battery.  I'd consider finding this one even more of a long shot than Dragon Hopper on VB.

On 6/3/2020 at 7:24 PM, Tanooki said:

No problem.  And you know I've been thinking about the totally complete lost to time gems of the period and something came to mind as I've been reading up on a few old loves of gaming and it hit me.  I got a challenge for you if you're curious. 😉

Wing Commander II Revenge of the Kilrathi for the Super Famicom/Super Nintendo.  The game was entirely completed and ready to go, english no less, submitted to the Japanese company PONY canyon, but for some mystery was scrapped from production and not released.  Supposedly the completed copy was it they had their hands on and it's gone up in vapor.  I'd love to know the history of that one more than what WCnews (wing commander news (website)) has on it.  It would be a truly amazing score because unlike WC1 which was broken into 2 carts with a password, this one was supposedly intact, expansions and all, even speech pack and battery.  I'd consider finding this one even more of a long shot than Dragon Hopper on VB.

This isn't really how I work. Truth be told I dont actually hunt prototypes. I just happen across them when looking for other stuff i AM  interested in.

Edited by Archon 1981

Ahh ok I didn't know.  With what I've seen you've dug up I figured you put some effort into it like some other proto hunters do, though you uniquely seemed far more interest than those types to actually museum level document and share with the world which was a nice touch.

Either way I hope some day that game surfaces as it's a shame it was finished, then went into the mists.