IGNORED

Closed for Now

Boosted52405

• The title was changed to FS/O: Taking Offers Motivated to Sell Ship Fast US Only - SNES NFRs/RetroUSB Goodz/Wii(U)/Amiibos NIB/PS3/Xbox/Lots
  • The title was changed to FS/O: Motivated to Sell Ship Fast US Only - Uncommon Strategy Guides Added + SNES NFRs/RetroUSB Goodz/Wii(U)/Amiibos NIB/PS3/Xbox/Lots
  • The title was changed to FS/O: MOVING SALE MAKE OFFER PLZ, US Only - Rarish Guides/SNES NFRs/RetroUSB Goodz/Wii(U)/Amiibos NIB/PS3/Xbox/Lots
  • The title was changed to FS/O: MOVING SALE TAKING OFFERS, US Only - Rarish Guides/SNES NFRs/RetroUSB Goodz/Wii(U)/PS3/Xbox/Lots

Oh it was his copy eh?  Doesn't phase me in the slightest.  Unlike what was viewable vs what I said years ago, I liked the work done on that, saw it at the local arcade expo, and thought it was worth buying.  But given the time then, I would have rather got it from someone else, nothing more or less.  Doesn't mean the game blows just because.  Love the movie, and the fake game around it is fantastic of what I've played of it.

He made it before I left.

Administrator · Posted
57 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Oh it was his copy eh?  Doesn't phase me in the slightest.  Unlike what was viewable vs what I said years ago, I liked the work done on that, saw it at the local arcade expo, and thought it was worth buying.  But given the time then, I would have rather got it from someone else, nothing more or less.  Doesn't mean the game blows just because.  Love the movie, and the fake game around it is fantastic of what I've played of it.

He made it before I left.

Actually, through the magic of seeing post edits, it appears the one Boosted had was created by someone else?  I thought there was just the one.

4 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Actually, through the magic of seeing post edits, it appears the one Boosted had was created by someone else?  I thought there was just the one.

Ahh ok, either way I wouldn't mind.  I just remember he made them, and I saw various others making their own copies as well.  Maybe he made the original I guess?  It got ripped off a few times from what I saw, but I have not had a Sega console in years, just got a Nomad in a trade during the week.

On 8/9/2021 at 6:27 PM, captmorgandrinker said:

@captmorgandrinker@Tanooki

just seeing this...i have no idea the background/drama/different versions for the Fix-it-Felix.  This one was definitely bought on NA many many years ago, I'm thinking user dragoon perhaps?  Trying to recall, it was almost certainly one of those groupish buys with lists of buyers back on NA.  Not official, nor am i aware of an official version...

Any helpful info on my copy versus others would be great so I can speak on it for a potential future sale.

9 hours ago, Boosted52405 said:

just seeing this...i have no idea the background/drama/different versions for the Fix-it-Felix.  This one was definitely bought on NA many many years ago, I'm thinking user dragoon perhaps?  Trying to recall, it was almost certainly one of those groupish buys with lists of buyers back on NA.  Not official, nor am i aware of an official version...

Any helpful info on my copy versus others would be great so I can speak on it for a potential future sale.

Well 99% certain that would be him if it was a NA group buy.  I just know some other random types shortly after he ran it, decided to clone the box, cart art, etc and sell their own.  I wouldn't be surprised if he got sore over that, who wouldn't.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Boosted52405 said:

If I'm not mistaken, dra600n made three CIB versions.  A numbered clamshell version was made first.  Then a cardboard box version (which looks like the one you got) that had some bug fixes.  Some time after that, he released the ROM for free, which is, I'm assuming, when a bunch of other people started making them.  He eventually did one more clamshell run which might of had an updated ROM, but I don't think there was anything significantly different about it.

Edited by Red
  • Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted
11 hours ago, Red said:

If I'm not mistaken, dra600n made three CIB versions.  A numbered clamshell version was made first.  Then a cardboard box version (which looks like the one you got) that had some bug fixes.  Some time after that, he released the ROM for free, which is, I'm assuming, when a bunch of other people started making them.  He eventually did one more clamshell run which might of had an updated ROM, but I don't think there was anything significantly different about it.

He also sent out fixed boards for free to us that bought the earlier version, so if you see one of those pop up it may also have the bug fixes.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to FS/O: SALES CLOSING FRIDAY EVENING - TAKING REASONABLE OFFERS on anything - US shipping only - Rarish Guides/SNES NFRs/RetroUSB Goodz/Wii(U)/PS3/Xbox/Lots
  • The title was changed to Closed for Now