IGNORED

Cuphead Show Your Checklist Cards Thread

guillavoie

Events Team · Posted

Yesterday I finally achieved a goal I really wanted to complete at Cuphead, and I thought that I could share this with the community. My goal was to get the best rank at every bosses on expert (S rank) and getting all achievements in the game :

486005884_World1.thumb.JPG.9d72d4ccced76a0104bdb4ede35a7a95.JPG

468746034_World2.thumb.JPG.fa73c90a938131aef0a7e85fa57c87b4.JPG

733267974_World3.thumb.JPG.d41e244cb0b2831aa974919af2d01efb.JPG

Finale.thumb.JPG.b2414b68093ba587ef4eaf0d14451d9f.JPG

Achievements.thumb.JPG.6e849124ced3fe0ad84ea33db479eb17.JPG

I'm super happy that I attained my goal, but now I feel a bit empty as I loved playing Cuphead, even if it was quite a ride. I thought for sure that I'll be over it once I get that last S rank, but I'm already looking at some times to trim on the list, haha!

So i thought about starting this thread so we can discuss about Cuphead and post our checklist cards. Maybe seeing some lower times on your cards will give me some extra motivation to beat some bosses/stages faster! Who knows? But the main thing is, that game is absolutely marvelous. I enjoyed thoroughly playing it, for so many reasons. The graphics alone are one of the most brilliant idea for a video game I've seen in a long time, and the game is not only intensely fun to play and master, it is addictive as hell!

Any Cuphead fans out there?

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

I love Cuphead but I'm not that good at it. I've played through it a couple times on regular difficulty but I've never even made it past the two frogs on expert and I can't even imagine getting S ranks on everybody. I also have the patched version where you can't do the weapon switching exploit that make the game easier.

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Richardhead said:

That seems like a pretty big accomplishment. I tried to play that game and decided it was too much of a pain in the ass! Congrats fella!

Haha, yeah it can get frustrating per moment, but you're really aware of your improvement in short period of time which helps with motivation.

I think it is a cool  accomplishment, hence why I felt like posting about it. But man, seeing the crazy stuff some guys pull on videos, it makes you feel like you're not good at all, LOL. One guy played the entire game controlling both characters at the same time, one controller per hand. The fastest time records are something to watch too.

• Wow! 1

Events Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I love Cuphead but I'm not that good at it. I've played through it a couple times on regular difficulty but I've never even made it past the two frogs on expert and I can't even imagine getting S ranks on everybody. I also have the patched version where you can't do the weapon switching exploit that make the game easier.

You would have probably been able to beat a lot of the later bosses on expert as the frogs are actually really hard on expert, much harder than maybe 50 % of the later bosses.

I've seen some people exploiting both weapons on videos, but I never bother to check what was that all about. Sounds like a pain to switch between weapons all the time to squeeze in more hits. I bought the game digitally sometimes in December 2019, should I have the patched version per default?

1 minute ago, guillavoie said:

You would have probably been able to beat a lot of the later bosses on expert as the frogs are actually really hard on expert, much harder than maybe 50 % of the later bosses.

I've seen some people exploiting both weapons on videos, but I never bother to check what was that all about. Sounds like a pain to switch between weapons all the time to squeeze in more hits. I bought the game digitally sometimes in December 2019, should I have the patched version per default?

Yeah I'm sure you have the patched version.

Maybe I'll give expert Cuphead another try at some point. That's encouraging to hear about the frogs being one of the hardest bosses on expert. I figured that if the bosses get that hard earlier on then they must be impossible later.

The bird is also supposed to be one of the toughest on expert from what I've heard.

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

Yeah I'm sure you have the patched version.

Maybe I'll give expert Cuphead another try at some point. That's encouraging to hear about the frogs being one of the hardest bosses on expert. I figured that if the bosses get that hard earlier on then they must be impossible later.

The bird is also supposed to be one of the toughest on expert from what I've heard.

You definitely should and honestly, after beating a boss on expert, try to get a S rank. It is not that far ahead once you can beat it. Another thing I thought was super cool to do is the pacifist run of the run & gun stages. Also beating Hilda Berg with only the tiny plane bullets was quite rad, a long fight!

The bosses I had the most trouble getting an S rank on are the Frogs, the Bird, but especially the Robot.Damn god Robot! The game is known to be frustrating, but I have been quite chill for the most part of it, even going for S ranks. But I must admit that I lost my marbles against the Robot. He is the only boss that made me go 'punch my couch' and 'swearing out loud' angry. And I had the most disheartening run on him trying for the S rank, like thinking I got it but I was 1 second over to get it, or being at like 2-3 bullets to S rank him but I get hit just before the knockout. After the Robot all the other bosses were fine by me.

Congratulations! What an awesome accomplishment.

I love Cuphead and thoroughly enjoyed every minute with it. I played through it once, but didn't go for an S on every level. I don't 100% games anymore, but this game would have definitely been on my to-do list 15 years ago.

Bravo!

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Thanks 1